Idaho dinosaur

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Very cool. I'd love to give that a shot....

Ever see the show " River Monsters"??? I'm addicted to it...... Jeremy's pulled some big sturgeon out before as well. Impressive fish they are.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Very cool. I'd love to give that a shot....

Ever see the show " River Monsters"??? I'm addicted to it...... Jeremy's pulled some big sturgeon out before as well. Impressive fish they are.

Good show. What the heck was the one in India eating people in the river? Giant Catfish I think?

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Very nice fish rob. Looks like a nice area too.

I never really got into fishing. A little here and there on trips but rarely caught much. The one time I can remember going out to "seriously" fish once when I was younger and I caught a little 30" lake sturgeon. Haven't really gone fishing since then. Probably good stress relief though.

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Good show. What the heck was the one in India eating people in the river? Giant Catfish I think?

I love that show, are you referring to the Goonch episode?

It was the Goonch... he played hell getting it in.

IIRC, it was around 250lbs...... he had to swim the river to get it out of the fast current.

edit. It was 161lbs ....

estreme-angler-jeremy-wade-displays-a-goonch1.jpg

Last edited:

whitetrash21

Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Caught my first sturgeon ever, this week on a hells canyon float trip with family and friends. Rough measurements tape him right at 8'. 1-1/2 hours to land with some raft paddling to get the line off of rocks and a few beers to cool of the reel and the fisherman. Really great experience and it's amazing the power these fish have.

What kinda gear were you slinging???