How to hook up PPE lift pump

psyco66

Apr 14, 2008
San Mateo, CA
I got a PPE lift pump. I need to know what size fittings are on the Fuel cooler. I was thinking of taking the hose off of the top of the tank and running it to the pump then into the fuel cooler unless some one has a better idea. I do not want to cut the stock lines right now. Thanks for any help

psyco66

Apr 14, 2008
San Mateo, CA
No I am not putting a new pick up in it right now.
I did not know the fuel cooler was on the return line. So where do I hook it up and what do I need. Thanks for any help.

psyco66

Apr 14, 2008
San Mateo, CA
There is no way to hook up like AN fittings go this thing to make it work. If i have to cut the lines I am going to get RPM motorsports kit. I was hoping just to use all of these AN fittings I have laying around.

Last edited:

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I would just use 1/2 fuel hose run it from the top of the tank to the pump mounted on the frame just in front of the cooler back to the feed line that is behind the cooler

psyco66

Apr 14, 2008
San Mateo, CA
O trust me I know. I just thought there was a way to hook up the pump without cutting the line. I have no problem cutting shit that is for sure.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
:badidea::stop:You DO NOT have to cut the pipe!!!!!!!

Remove the factory line from the top of the tank that wraps around to the solid pipe BEHIND the cooler. You can buy the cheap removal tool for these lines for like $10 at any auto parts store. Get 1/2" hose (IIRC) and mount your pump to the shield on the side of the tank or somewhere else suitable. Then run the hose from the top of the tank, into your pump, out of the pump and on to the solid line. Hose clamps at either end-GOOD TO GO!!:D

I cut the pipe on my '05. After dropping Simon's fuel tank on his '05 last year to do the SoCal pick up, I found it's WAY easier to just remove that hose and put it in there. Plus you can easily go back to stock!!

Last edited:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Well ya thats true too. Id say remove the bed - makes things way easier.

Thats how I did mine - 1/2" fuel line disconnect tool, popped it off - lines and hose clamps cuz the stupid dorman connectors didnt fit.

Airdog9.jpg

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Removing the box sounds like a lot more work than just removing the filler tube, un-doing the two bolts that hold the tank straps and lowering it down-just make sure your fuel tank is empty!

Mind you, my truck is lifted so working underneath is easy.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
If you have a lift its even easier to remove the bed. I pulled mine by myself in 10 minutes. 2 straps forming an X from your tie down points in bed, 8 bolts removed, taillights out and undo filler neck. Up to you, ive done both and just prefer the bed off. Plus it gives you a chance to clean things :D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Come on. As if your truck gets dirty frame rails in SoCal!!:joker:
Ask Simon how much mud he removed and how long it took him to get his box off on the '01!:rofl:

I have removed many a box on many a 90's vintage Chev p/u's to change the electric fuel pumps. That is definetly easier than dropping the tank on those trucks!

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Remove the factory line from the top of the tank that wraps around to the solid pipe BEHIND the cooler. You can buy the cheap removal tool for these lines for like $10 at any auto parts store. Get 1/2" hose (IIRC) and mount your pump to the shield on the side of the tank or somewhere else suitable. Then run the hose from the top of the tank, into your pump, out of the pump and on to the solid line. Hose clamps at either end-GOOD TO GO!!:D

John, this is the easiest way...Call me if you want to know some harder ways to do this:D