Hose Sizes

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know the hose diameters of the hoses on a Duramax radiator? The big ones, so upper and lower hoses. Just trying to plan ahead here before i tear it apart.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
plan ahead for what, ecactly?

the hoses need to be form fitted...and the lower hose has a return in it to connect to your resivior, I'd hate to see a tee or union of some sort used there and there's not a whole lot of room to do so.

here's a link to the hose kit I used, I'm not at home right now but I've got the old hoses in the garage and I'll throw a caliper on them to get the sizes for ya later:hug:
http://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-chevrolet-duramax-2500-06-10-silicone-hoses.html

edit:
I see you're rockin an 04 LLY, I'm not sure the hoses are the same size...but I'll post the info I have anyways

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
so, on my LBZ the lower has (qty) 4 ends...
the end coming off the H2O pump and going to the radiator is 2 1/2"
the end going to the resivoir is 5/8"
the end going to the ?heater core? is 1"

the upper hose I can't seem to find...I wanna say it's 2" but it could be 1 3/4"

I found text that says the 01-05 duramax radiator inlet/outlet is 1.89" tho, so it sounds like the LBZ is quite a bit different than an 04 LLY

sorry I wasn't much help
:eek:

:rolleyes:

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
No problem. Thanks for your efforts. Getting ready to order a much smaller radiator and thought I could gather somemeasurements the lazy way. The heater core hoses are 5/8" but there is no heater core in this particular application!;)

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Water pump outlet is 2"
Upper outlet from motor is 1.75"
Upper outlet from radiator is 1.75"
Lower outlet from radiator is 1.75"

My truck is apart so I just measured all of them.:thumb: