hole in the piston

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
heres what my piston looked like when i pulled the head.. rough idle , smoke, and oil coming out of the pcv reroute..

Attachments

• piston.jpg
    piston.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 172

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Oils always gonna come out the pcv. Edit sorry drunk, can't delete post on tapatalk, replied to the wrong thread lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Did this happen under normal driving? Where did you get the tuning done?

Its had a hard life, i only use it as a toy, when the piston earned its hole i was launching it. Its made countless passes at the strip (with about 10 NOS passes as well) and ive used it to test clutches for mike l.. So i expected this at some point.. Lbzrcks tuned it with the mcrat race tune.. It ran a 7.91 on the engine last time at the track, you know they say things go the fastest before they blow!:spit:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Its had a hard life, i only use it as a toy, when the piston earned its hole i was launching it. Its made countless passes at the strip (with about 10 NOS passes as well) and ive used it to test clutches for mike l.. So i expected this at some point.. Lbzrcks tuned it with the mcrat race tune.. It ran a 7.91 on the engine last time at the track, you know they say things go the fastest before they blow!:spit:

Aint that the truth. Mine went its fastest exactly one month before it let go.