High speed squeak

Red

Hating altitude
Aug 23, 2009
Colorado Springs
So around 5 and 15 I can hear this really fast squeak, after driving for a bit and paying attention it doesn't seem to be suspension, more driveline. Sounds like the front end. Under the truck I can't find anything obvious but I did notice my front diff input seal is barely wet, but nothing bad at all. Anyone got any ideas, the squeak is fast, to the point that I'm pretty sure it's the driveshaft.

Red

Hating altitude
Aug 23, 2009
Colorado Springs
Guess I should have been a little more specific. When the truck stops so does the noise, I think when I'm goin a little faster I just can't hear it over the engine. But it's not coming from the motor

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I had a U joint chirp like a damn bird on my work Dmax, I bet one of them has a dry cup. Mine was rworn pretty bad when I took it apart.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Well that's one way of explaining how mine sounds, I'll be pulling my front shaft tomorrow I think. Thanks

The front wont be turning or atleast enough to make a difference I think. Check the rear right at the rearend it gets all the water/road debri thats useally the first to go, then the one on the transfer case but if that ones bad iyou can feel it shake. The one that was bad on mine I could'nt pinpoint the noise just sounded like a squakin ass bird everywhere. Had to grab the driveline and check ujoints for looseness to find it. Does the sound change if you coast or get on the gas? Could be a front wheel bearing also.

Last edited:

Red

Hating altitude
Aug 23, 2009
Colorado Springs
Does it the squeak sound like a styrofoam cooler?

Yes it's a high pitch noise like that.

Yeah last night I was thinking full time transer. Sleep meds really get to me!

I had the truck in the air to check out the front end a few weeks ago(squeak wasn't happening then) and my wheel bearings seemed damn tight, for what it's worth

jmac5058

Nov 16, 2009
You say the brakes have less than 300 miles on them,was there the same sound before the change?Sometimes shoes need to wear in a bit.