help with intercooler pipe blowing off rubber cupling to turbo

mwbduramax6.6

ppe duramax
Jun 2, 2010
silsbee,tx
need help. question is why does the pipe from my intercooler to my turbo keep blowing off. my truck runs fine. i have no guages not able to get them yet. i am running all stock motor and trans. got the ppe hooked up to it. at idle it runs fine starts to build boost and blows off? what causes this. got it rigged on there with a standard hose clamp. stock one was a fitted clamp(blew off)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
clean the boot
use some hair spay
tighten the clamp ( not with a hose clamp )

is the pipe straight? if not make the connection as close and straight as possible

is there oil in the lines? rerought pvc and clen all connections with brake clean and try again

if all that still dont work then get a better clampor make something to hold the pipe together ( cable . chain heck ive used ratchet staps ):D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
thanks app. it. still do you know what would have caused the stock pitted clamp to blow off the first time. my turbo spools down it dont chirp like it backing up when spooling down. i am curious why it does this?

oil is a bitch! trust me i know the feeling

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Weld a bead around the pipe so the clamp has something to bite onto. Put the clamp behind the weld so the clamp has to go over the weld to pop off. I think the factory pipe has a small ridge on it but alittle something more will never hurt. Last resort if nothing else seems to help.

Killerbee

Got Honey?
need help. question is why does the pipe from my intercooler to my turbo keep blowing off. my truck runs fine. i have no guages not able to get them yet. i am running all stock motor and trans. got the ppe hooked up to it. at idle it runs fine starts to build boost and blows off? what causes this. got it rigged on there with a standard hose clamp. stock one was a fitted clamp(blew off)

consider an HD T-bolt clamp with integrated spring. There is thermal expansion/contraction going on the hot side. The spring tries to keep tension throughout heating/cooling. Also, a new 3" hot side pipe helps.

Just a thought.