Help, want more power.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
ok, I want to make more power out of my LB7. But I dont have enough money to switch to EFI. So wat mods could I do by keeping my programmer? I already have Intake,Boost Valve, and exhaust.

P.S. I would like to switch to EFI w/ Dsp5 but not able to right now

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
ok, I want to make more power out of my LB7. But I dont have enough money to switch to EFI. So wat mods could I do by keeping my programmer? I already have Intake,Boost Valve, and exhaust.

It is going to take a bigger programmer to get you more power , any other mods for a decent power increase are going to be a whole mot more expensive than EFI with less results . Do you plan on building your transmission ? not going to be able to turn it much above the standard PPE with out limping the trans . You could do the intake horn mod .

Last edited:

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Will a lift pump help? intake horn mod?

I drive my truck with PPE on level 5. I dont really give it hell. I jus like driving it around like that, wit a sensitive throttle. I like to get EFI wit Dsp5, 2 hot tunes, economy tune, lope tune, and maybe a tow tune. I like to switch to EFI cause its on the fly.

05lly2500hd

(903)293-6026
Feb 16, 2008
Texarkana, TX

I drive my truck with PPE on level 5. I dont really give it hell. I jus like driving it around like that, wit a sensitive throttle. I like to get EFI wit Dsp5, 2 hot tunes, economy tune, lope tune, and maybe a tow tune. I like to switch to EFI cause its on the fly.
EFILive is your best bet, but like Trent said you're gonna be asking for a tranny soon...well your truck will.
eventually a lift pump, depends how far you plan to go, prolly don't see a need for it now though.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

A lift pump might help doubt much though on the smaller tunes you are running , do a search on the intake horn mod , there are a few threads , you basically port the intake peice that bolts to the turbo , it is supsed to help power a bit from those who have done it . you could also do the Banks drivers side Intercooler pipe , or both pipes if you have the $$ , the drivers side is like 100 bucks .

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
you can contact Dustin of Diesel Addiction whom is in NC... he could always set you up with a DSP5 switch preloaded with tunes for A LOT less $ but with your stock tranny that PPE tuner has more than enough HP for you

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
you can contact Dustin of Diesel Addiction whom is in NC... he could always set you up with a DSP5 switch preloaded with tunes for A LOT less $ but with your stock tranny that PPE tuner has more than enough HP for you

I know Im goin to need a tranny, but I dont drive ballz out because I know it will go out, I jus like driving it on a high level. And I figure, I mind as well get EFI w/ Dsp5 then save for a tranny. Another reason, I want to lope lol, im such a kid lol

T2CH

<<<Me...Not My Wife...
Apr 30, 2008
Charlottesville, Va
I have added both the lft pump and the Banks I.C. tube on the drivers side. Niether one added much, not that I could feel anyway.
What I did notice from these is better fuel mileage and slightly better throttle response when I added the lift pump and lower EGT's when I added the I.C. tube.
These might have better results with a bigger tune but I am only running a 70HP tune from KD.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com

Give me a call - since you are in NC and could drive to get it installed you might be very pleasnatly surprised by the price of a DSP5 switch installed with 5 tunes of your choice.:thumb: