LB7: Help Please LB7 running rough after injectors

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
Just replaced the passenger side injectors. Truck ran fine when I did drivers side a few weeks ago. Truck starts and won't rev past 2000 rpms. And it sounds really loud and the tone is different. Almost like a tractor... What could this be?

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Whose injectors? Without a scanner at hand I would say you're probably not going to be able to do much. Check engine light on I take it?

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
Gm injectors code p2149 checked all wires that go in valve cover and ones on top of injector are tight. What else?

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
Watched a video on YouTube and of course its in spanish! Won't let me paste URL. Just youtube search duramax injector harness problem. Should be first one with pic of scan tool. I can't find this plug that the guy shows he replaced. Is it because truck may be an LLY? Thanks guys so far.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
You need to recheck your connectors at the top of each valve cover. Pull them back apart and make sure they are clean, dry & connected properly. Any other wiring you may have unhooked as well. If you still have an issue you need to check each injector wire going to the top of each injector...

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
I was reading about people ice picking connectors. How do you go about this? Some say its not the best way but its something for now.

MaxSmoke

FNG for life
Jan 25, 2012
Brighton Co
Sounds like a problem my buddy had after we did his lb7 injectors. Come to find out one of the connectors on the top op the injector got bent up and was making contact with the valve cover. We figured out what injector it was by checking resistances in the connectors on the outside of the valve cover where they plug into the harness. Cant exactly remember how we did it but sounds like you have the exact same problem he did.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Kinda what I figured but at least need to be sure we can help him correctly.

Definitely sounds like its not firing on all 8 or intermittent missfire.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Kinda what I figured but at least need to be sure we can help him correctly.

Definitely sounds like its not firing on all 8 or intermittent missfire.

That is what I thought which is why I asked him to recheck those connections but he seems hell bent on LLY fixes:D

DmaxRvRrat

Mar 19, 2014
Fill out your signature so we know what you're working with. I believe all but the '01 model years have a safety limiter to 2000 rpm in park. Shift it to neutral and see if it revs higher.

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
Truck is 2003 CCLB LB7 intake 90 HP tune by blackout. 4 inch straight pipe and a few tranny goodies.

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
Figured it out. Was a wire rubbing under valve cover. Zip tie broke and it bent upwards and shorted out.