Help!! code 24 corrupt flash memory!!

screaminjlew

Aug 13, 2007
I went to put my truck back to stock and the programmer said "code 24 corrupt flash memory call hypertech" What am I suppose to do? My stock program is in the programmer! Is the programmer bad or is it my truck:confused:

PLEASE HELP I DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON!!!!

JLEW

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Have you tried it again? Make sure all the phone chargers are unplugged, you have the lights turned off, don't open anything just sit inside the truck and see if it works. If not, you might have to send youe ECM and tuner to Hypertech to get reflashed...

screaminjlew

Aug 13, 2007
Have you tried it again? Make sure all the phone chargers are unplugged, you have the lights turned off, don't open anything just sit inside the truck and see if it works. If not, you might have to send youe ECM and tuner to Hypertech to get reflashed...

So, IS this a tuner problem or truck problem? I do not want to have to send in my ECM heck I don't even know where its at:eek::confused:

screaminjlew

Aug 13, 2007

Yeah I tried it again...no luck, I just want my stock tune back! If the programmers bad, I'll just buy a Predator.

Last edited:

screaminjlew

Aug 13, 2007
If I was to take the truck in to have the computer reflashed will they see the hypertech tuning on there? or, do they just reflash it

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Don't tell them, just ask if you can pay to have your truck re-flashed by a tech (~$95.00). But then your Hypertech will be junk, and you will have to buy another tuner... Might see if you can find StewieTuned, he is a GM Tech in SoCal and might be able to help you out. Might be a good time to purchase EFI from McRat too...:D

screaminjlew

Aug 13, 2007
Don't tell them, just ask if you can pay to have your truck re-flashed by a tech (~$95.00). But then your Hypertech will be junk, and you will have to buy another tuner... Might see if you can find StewieTuned, he is a GM Tech in SoCal and might be able to help you out. Might be a good time to purchase EFI from McRat too...:D
At this point I really don't care about the hypertech! I do have extended warrenty for 3 more years and I don't want that to go out the window:eek:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
At this point I really don't care about the hypertech! I do have extended warrenty for 3 more years and I don't want that to go out the window:eek:

tell them your buddy said there were some ECM updates for your truck and you would like to come in and have it flashed. Just talk to them, they should work with you it may cost about $100 bucks, if they charge you they know what you're up to but really dont care, lol.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
I see your around Visalia, go to your dealer and get them to reflash it, pay for it and be done with it...Talk to StewiTuned and see if he can hook you up with adealer in your area that is cool. Might only cost you a box of donuts...

screaminjlew

Aug 13, 2007
I see your around Visalia, go to your dealer and get them to reflash it, pay for it and be done with it...Talk to StewiTuned and see if he can hook you up with adealer in your area that is cool. Might only cost you a box of donuts...
about 15 miles west

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Sounds like the Hypertech is bad. If your truck starts, runs, and doesn't code, it's the Hypertech that's busted.

Take a picture of the Hypertech screen. Call them.