Head testing for pullers

lawnboy01

Mar 29, 2007
New Philadelphia, Ohio
We have some results of air flow on Duramax heads. Teaming up with DTS to see what several popular Duramax heads flow. This test is not a power chart, it is simply cfm.

Heads tested:
Stock head/stock valves
Stock head/Wagler ported/stock valves
Stock head/DTS ported/stock valves
Stock head/So Cal Diesel/ bigger valves
Wagler cast iron/ported/ bigger valves

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Nice comparison, but cfm does not equal power.

More info like what size valves were used
Bore size heads flowed on
Valve angles for each head

Would be more useful info.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Your info on the DTS head was a little more generous than the ones I have flow sheets on. Good information though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawnboy01

Mar 29, 2007
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Your info on the DTS head was a little more generous than the ones I have flow sheets on. Good information though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're not going to get into a pissing match/bashing on this thread. This test was done on the up and up. If you don't have something positive to say. Just hit the back button and read something else. I really hesitated even posting this hear as it seam a lot of people hear just want to bitch about other people. I'm not paid by anyone, I don't sell any parts. If this turns negative I will simply delete my post and lock the thread. I'm tired of tire kickers. I am strictly here to try and help Duramax powered truck pullers try to get ahead of the Cummins guys. At one time the duramax guys were one unit. Now there is more bitching among us than the Cummins crowd. Frankly I'm tired of it.

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
If d-bag browning is involved its bound to be fake, someone getting screwed or copied.

I thought this post might have been cool as soon as i seen dts i knew it was worthless.

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Your right, tire kicker... dont have a truck, never pulled a day in my life.

Im sure they've already looked...right over it because, its commonly known about him. Going on..

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thanks a lot for pulling those charts. (sarcasm) We've had newbies bitch about the limitations on editing posts here. This is a perfect example why such limitations were put in place, and maybe why they need to be tightened up even further.

If you wanted to "get the Dmax guys on the same page", that was probably the wrong way to show leadership.
You do realize those could've helped other people besides sledpullers, right?

lawnboy01

Mar 29, 2007
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Gone! They were post on FB as well though.

They are still there Zak. And you are welcome to look. Anyone is. I just wanted to keep this thread civil. But that lasted about one hour. Trevor said it's a worthless thread so I deleted it.

If anyone wants the info that I paid to have I'll gladly share it with you. You can either pm me of go to my Facebook page.

Not trying to be a smartass here. But I knew how it was going to go down before I ever posted it. But I thought I would give it a try.

Thanks
Mike Burton