Hazing @ idle with 30% over injectors

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
Is it typical to have LDS 30 over injectors haze at idle? Happens cold and sometimes after its warmed up after a long pull up a hill. Ill be sitting at stop and I can see and smell the exhaust. Im fully deleted also.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
From what I’ve heard, and experienced personally, a slight haze at idle is normal with these trucks. My lbz does it. Nothing horrible just an extremely faint smoke and smell.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
Sounds like the normal LBZ haze. We see this all the time here.

I've seen a few LBZ's with your 30 and 60 overs and they never seemed to haze. Deleted trucks definitely have a diesel odor, but that's all I've noticed on the smaller injectors.

Maybe I just have a jaded definition of "hazing" after putting a few hundred thousand miles on an LB7.

Last edited:

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I bump idle rail pressure up to at least 35 mpa on all lbz/lmm's. Once you delete the exhaust, even stock injectors can be a little smelly out the tail pipe. So I bump them all up to stock lb7, and it seems to help some with the smell.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I bump idle rail pressure up to at least 35 mpa on all lbz/lmm's. Once you delete the exhaust, even stock injectors can be a little smelly out the tail pipe. So I bump them all up to stock lb7, and it seems to help some with the smell.

Exactly. I think mine is at 40 mpa at idle. Barely a haze for the first few minutes when cold then nothing when warm even with extended idling.

Still smells a little though

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
Can call fass but wondering if anyone can tell what replacement pump i need to order off the SN of the unit. 27305 just trying to get one from summit by the weekend.