Has everyone seen this newsletter? EFI

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=167&Itemid=158

Wondering when this is coming for us and what will it mean for the rigs that have already been blocked and deleted?

What I got out of this is the ability is going to be taken away from us with an update to our EFI live V2's? And I would guess that it would be made so that we could not add any new licences till we update to the new software? also if this is taken away what will we beable to do with all the vehicles that have already been deleted? will we be able to flash them back to dpf enabled tunes or how will that work?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Yeah thats another question how will thye post up updates that will allow the delete part of the tuner be romoved for the usa and not for the rest of the country and how will they keep people from downloading the austrailia/new zealand update?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Yeah thats another question how will thye post up updates that will allow the delete part of the tuner be romoved for the usa and not for the rest of the country and how will they keep people from downloading the austrailia/new zealand update?

Chances are they will do away with the free software download, and now do software downloads based off of your V2's serial number and where it is registered. I'm glad now I have an LB7 that never came with any of this crap in the first place.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Goddammit I'am sick of this crap. whats the point of the US going so far beyond what the rest of the world has to comply with? I work in the coal industry so I'm getting it from both ends one day its crammed down my throat and the next day it's crammed......

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Chances are they will do away with the free software download, and now do software downloads based off of your V2's serial number and where it is registered. I'm glad now I have an LB7 that never came with any of this crap in the first place.

No kidding I like my LLY Egr or not atleast I dont have a DPF.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
So buy a stream for the LLY, LBZ, and LMM and call it a day? :rofl:

Guess I better get my EFILive installed on my new computer since the other took a crap.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
This basically leaves us in limbo, this is BS though if we dont have some kind of work around. There almost will have to be but there is no guarantee on that, this is probably a precusor to them dropping all diesel support as far as any updates or features, on the plus side I think most of there features for the Dmax has plateaued, feel sorry for the Cummins guys at least were being given some kind of heads up to download the the firmware to are HD's. Looks like in the future a guy with a streaming license for the LLYs, LBZs/LMMs and Cummins is going to be a popular guy.

I think the price of 12 valves every where just sky rocketed.