Gun safes

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
We have a customer that has some of those packets they put in stuff to keep moisture out they usually say "do not eat". These don't. They are rather large. I have two of them in our safe and haven't had any issues.
26cf9bbce411b733bfb14493fb1300b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Desiccant is a good de-humidifier if you have enough for the area its to work in. Its the same stuff thats in your accumulator or receiver/dryer for the a/c system to keep moisture out and the r134a or r12 working correctly. hence why it should be changed when the system is serviced.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
Small sharp drill and drill into the door to get access to tumbler.
I told him he needs a locksmith. If the guy thought enough of his stuff to put it in a safe in the first place it may be cause he didn't want his family messing with it. If all the family isn't present then that could pose a problem as well and I want no part in that.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
I told him he needs a locksmith. If the guy thought enough of his stuff to put it in a safe in the first place it may be cause he didn't want his family messing with it. If all the family isn't present then that could pose a problem as well and I want no part in that.

It would be a fun challenge , but NOT worth the risk:thumb::thumb:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I'd have them sign a liability release and take a gas cut off saw to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Har

Jun 23, 2018
New Jersey
It depends on how much money you want to spend. I have a 700 lb Liberty Franklin 12 Best Gun Safe Under 1000 Reviews - Affordable Pick in [2017-2018] bolted to a concrete floor. The design is very pry resistant (high build quality) but with 11 ga steel that can be cut through using a $100 tool (cutter weighs about 3 lbs) (and plenty of spare blades) available at Home Depot in less than an hour. We're talking about a 2' x 4' hole in the side with little or no damage to the contents. Liberty makes lower end models than my safe and models with much thicker steel that requires a thicker wallet to buy. The lower end Liberty Centurion safes https://secretstorages.com/best-wall-safes/ have 14 ga steel an ax can punch through. But I bet I could get into the top of the line with 5/16" steel safes in less than 3-4 hrs with the same tool although I may bring a spare tool in case the 1st one burned out. Any experienced burglar can get into safes like this given enough time. Your goal is to make getting into the safe require more time than the burglar is willing to spend getting into it. A torch will get into the safe eve.On YouTube there are a lot of interesting videos on this subject, yesterday I watched one of them because my friend also asked for advice on choosing.Hope that helps.Good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8