got the bed back on finally...

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
finally got some extra time to work on the truck. i dry fit the bed so i can see how to frame out the new floor. i'm going to cut out all the old stuff and build a whole new raised bed floor that will be flat, so no hole or notch. then i'll have the whole thing lined. oh and scored a deal on a solid window, anybody ever swap one, how hard is it? looks like it's glued in.

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
I never took my back window out, we used it for sketching ideas alot...

OT- Dude the truck is coming along, dig the exhaust exit (looks like your done with tailgates). The truck is SL...........AMMED.

Whatcha doin with your hood? Fiber replacement?

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
thanks, i took the hood off b/c i had to fix the filter housing and it was just easier to take it off. i am putting on a steel cowl hood though, but i'll do that when i paint the bed. i did the exhaust like that b/c i didn't have the bed on, i'm gonna run a single black 6" stack.

oh and it's not low enough yet...:D

JS2TZU

Dec 3, 2008
Kauai Hawaii
your gonna hafta call a window guy to swap out windows its glued in there pretty good. By the way truck is SIC!!! Makes me wanna go build another one!

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
thanks guys.
yea i was kinda figuring that a glass guy would have to do it, wonder what they would charge to put it in...

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
x2, Id let a professional do it. I did it on my last prerunner and removing the old glue and making a perfect seal with the new certainly was a PITA! Sh ouldnt be more than $100 or so like Tommy said.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
that's not bad at all. yea f that i'm not doing it, i tried taking the windsheild out on a suburban i had and it didn't turn out very well.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Window ureathane is a F***in pain in the @ss! Im dealing with this crap right now too!
I dont wanna bust my glass either, bet its pricy with the defroster in it. Gotta pull mine out for the repaint, its gettin done right! I hope i can drop mine some more soon, already doin some custom work to it. Sure like to do a body drop, these damn GM trucks need it! Low is good, lower is better, Best is "the ants walk around this one!":D

Sharp lookin ride! Layin frame!:D

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
man you go any lower adn you'll never get into burger express's drive way. and theres no way to drive that thing out of your town with the roads the way they are.
nice to see if coming along. now you just have to get rid of that edge box and put some real power in there.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
ha live in Carteret and work in Toms River/Lakewood. the drive everyday is not so much fun:mad: