Fuel return line replacement.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Where can I find the make or something similar to our stock (1/8) return hose that comes off the injectors? Grainger doesn't have anything. Summit has a 1/8 fuel line but I'm not sure if my fuel will eat through it. Easy to find vacuum hose that small but not so much fuel line (or any other hydraulic line that might work fine)

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Do you mean like a tune up shop for cars? Anyone know how long those hoses are in the kit? I thought it was cut up more then that, might work for my application actually.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Went to autozone and oreillys. Called grainger even after that. Everyone's smallest is either 3/16, or 1/4... They all have the correct size washer fluid, vacuum hose but I'm afraid the fuel will eat through. Causing a leak, or even gumming up the rest of the fuel system.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Went to autozone and oreillys. Called grainger even after that. Everyone's smallest is either 3/16, or 1/4... They all have the correct size washer fluid, vacuum hose but I'm afraid the fuel will eat through. Causing a leak, or even gumming up the rest of the fuel system.

You're right, don't use any of those non fuel safe hose! I would call Napa, in my experience neither Oreilly's nor Autozone have much of a selection for stuff like this. I would also imagine 3/16 and a clamp would work perfectly fine.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Yeah I thought about that. But it was a tough hose, if it was a more plyable material I'd do that. Ill try napa, car quest and koi tomorrow. If not ill call that website possibly

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
I have had good luck at Volkswagen dealers parts counter.... They usually have a spool of the good stuff (braided cover) for diesel return line.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
It would be easier to see how much fuel each injector is returning. :)

Sent from a ditch being dug near you using Tapatalk

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Got some at vw, thanks everyone for the replies. Runs 16.70 a meter for anyone wondering. It is (atleast what I got, imagine its all the same though) alittle bigger then our stock. Think it will be fine though. If ours is a true 1/8th, this is 5/32, either that or it's just new soft and more plyable lol

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
The vw stuff is great :) also another place that carries the same kind of good line (braided cover etc) is most any mercedes shop. The Benz line is gray in color too :) haha