Fuel lab pump installed

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So this sounds like it really has no place on truck that doesn't need a bunch of fuel. If you have dual CP3's and run injectors this would be a good pump to use. If you don't have that stuff, then I guess it's alittle much for the application?

I ask this because I need a LP and was starting to explore some options. Without doing any research, I would assume the cost is greater than simply buying an Air Dog? I don't have the need for some super crazy flowing fuel pump. On the other hand if I can run the pump by boost, is it worth the cost? Like I said before, I am assuming the cost is more than an over the counter LP.
They have several different sizes to choose from. From what I've found online, the 200 GPH @ 20 psi pump is just a little over half the price of the one Simon just installed and it has all the same features.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I think that whole set-up without the fittings and hose was about the same price as a FASS or Airdog kit. Fittings and hoses are cheap for us :Canada_Flag: so I wasn't worried about getting a kit.

From what I hear and have found first hand, bolts, hoses and fittings are ridiculously expensive and hard to find sometimes south of the border so keep that in mine if any of you guys are interested in going this route.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
When I get ready, I will price fitting and hoses and see what I turn up. I only know of 2 places to get that nice braided, fuel line. I figure for my truck I can go the easier route and buy an Air Dog and be done. I would like to buy a "bolt on" kit and be done with it. I think i'll let you guys get it dialed in and wait for some feedback:D

Josh, that 200GPH pump should be everything I need. I plan on only going to 500 to 550hp max with this truck so that should be enough fuel. IDK yet but i'm sure I wouldn't need more than that. Seems like the price is about the same. I would pay alittle more for this pump.

The reason I really like it is how it looks. I'm not a big fan of the Air Dog type units and the filters hanging down. I know you can mount it up high and get it out of the way but I just don't like it.

I need to figure out what the hell i'm going to do:cool:Thanks for the replies fellas. I'll do some research on my own and let this thread get back on topic. Sorry Simon.

Last edited:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Thats a good looking pump, if i ever suck my 240 fass down below 20 psi, of it gives out, i will defenatly look into that one!

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Simon, what did you do as far as wiring? Does it come with some kind of harness, or did you buy one or piece one together yourself? Thanks. Definately a clean looking set up. :thumb:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Wire it to a switch for on off and then have a high low switch also

you could just have it keyed power with just on high low

the pump sounds cool it's not too loud way quieter than the fass pump and on low with the regulator backed off it produces 10 psi

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
well after some street testing I LUV THIS PUMP

Its a little louder than I thought it was going to be but not half as loud as the FASS
I have the regulator set at 20 psi and it holds like a rock on BIG fuel tunes on the street

I wouldnt have a issue running this on my DD as you can adjust the regulator to what ever you want

I havent even used the high speed setting and really see no need if it holds up to the fuel now

Just thought i would let you guys know:)