fuel filter

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If you searched either this forum or Google, you would find that there is a test port at the front of your motor right next to the alternator. You can buy a gauge that clips on there to check vacuum at idle. Kennedy Diesel sells one, and probably a bunch of other places too.

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

kellock

Nov 4, 2015
leduc alberta canada
If you searched either this forum or Google, you would find that there is a test port at the front of your motor right next to the alternator. You can buy a gauge that clips on there to check vacuum at idle. Kennedy Diesel sells one, and probably a bunch of other places too.

thanks 4 the info i know about that its a test port i want a perament place to hook so i can install a gauge in the cab kennedy wants about $250.oo us for his. thanks.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You should have opened with wanting a permanent gauge. I'm not familiar with any kits off the top of my head, but you could piece one together. I'd be tempted to replace the bleed screw with a digital sensor and use a digital gauge inside the cab. You could run a tube all the way, but they tend to get damaged easily, then you have a vacuum leak and the truck won't start.