FTE 30" Resonator for Drone

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
So I'm tired of the horrible drone that my truck produces between 1600-2000RPM on the highway especially when towing or under load. Ordered up a 5x30" Stainless FTE resonator/muffler yesterday and will be putting it in place of the current 14" Stainless Flo Pro muffler which does little to nothing for drone. Anyway, I'll post pics when I get it and of the install and then a before and after video as well.

PS, anybody have one of these on their truck? I've read nothing but good reviews about them.

DU102

Nov 8, 2016
Got rid of mine also, but went straight pipe, louder and definitely hear the turbo whistle better out of the tailpipe

2015 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD DENALI DURAMAX 4*4

B1 596

Dmax rods cost how much..
Apr 30, 2010
Hudson N.H.
I have one, they do work great but according to FTE and all the info/reviews you really want to mount it as far forward as possible. The front pipe being the best location. That will kill the drone AND quiet it down . If the resonator in the front pipe isn't quiet enough with your muffler you have now then a big Donaldson in its place will be quieter then stock. I wanted as quiet as possible so I run this exact setup FTE 30" Res / Donaldson muff. On the highway theres no exhaust sound in the cab = Priceless...

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
I like the jones aeroturbine. If I ever decide to get a different muffler that'd be what I got. They have a resonated version as well

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
My fte works great. And it's as far forward as possible, as it should be.

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
So I received and installed the 30" FTE resonator and installed it today in front of my 14" flo pro muffler. Results: truck sounds stock again. I love it! No drone and the only thing I can hear is the engine and the turbo whistle again just like when it was bone stock. Simply amazing product. EGTs didn't climb and turbo seems to spool faster but without the howl that it had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk