Info: "Frame Beaming"

Bobcat

Dec 5, 2008
I have my truck at dealer now for this. Service manager told me they covered some and he would have to run the vin to see if mine would be covered. I haven't heard back from him yet so i don't know.

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
I have my truck at dealer now for this. Service manager told me they covered some and he would have to run the vin to see if mine would be covered. I haven't heard back from him yet so i don't know.

Do you have the campaign number tio give to them if they try to not cover it? If not I will get it for you and post it.

Bobcat

Dec 5, 2008
Lol i just got a call from them and they covered it under warranty and also a new iss shaft which has been replaced before. I don't know why they would cover some and not others. I will try to fill out my sig later but it is an 06 LBZ truck

Bobcat

Dec 5, 2008
Must not take long to do the work for both cause at 1 pm they had just started on it and he called with it ready a little before 5pm. Thanks for your help Dirtbikindad393. I already had the part #'s and all for both. It is good to go armed with them. The dealer i go to is pretty good though and they didn't question my 285/17 after market tires and rims.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
so what exactly do they do to fix this problem???

Mine has this and certainly is out of warranty but perhaps I can try to afford it myself depending on what they do.

Any help appreciated.

Bobcat

Dec 5, 2008
wtf is frame beaming?
Lol i don't know if that is what its called or not but it is a bounce /vibration of sorts that is more pronounced when you go over the expansion joints on a concrete highway. With people in the back seat or a small load in the bed you won't feel it as bad. When a customer first complains they check and grease the bump stops first is what i was told. Some on the other place are saying they replaced the back 2 bushings the cab sits on. They replaced all 6 on mine. The parts are not expensive but my luck i would fjck something up and the cab wouldn't sit back down right.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
ahhhhh ok!! got it.

I was just confused, I kept wanting to ask what it was but I felt like an idiot cause everyone else knew what it was. :rofl: :eek:

ben

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
back a year or so ago one of the mods on TDP (think it was GMC2500HD or something like that) experienced it with his CC SB (but my understanding is its much more common on EC SB trucks) and the thing that helped the most were the sway bars that Frederico makes.

You run those don't you Ben? You still lovin' 'em?

I may give the cab bushings a try if I ever get around to it. It doesn't bother me anymore. Have other issues I want to address first. Some other vibration in the driveline, leaking water pump and the list is long from there. :(

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
Guess I should have done some better research :rofl:- multiple dealers told me I was crazy and they couldn't feel it.

Thanks for the info.;)

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
Here is the campaign:

It's listed as:

""GM Campaign #PIT3009J: Suspension Vibration Or Frame Beaming At 40-60 MPH (64-80KM/H) - keywords front rear shake shock spring tire - (Sept 18,2008)""

Condition/Concern:

Beam shake vibration is usually felt and occurring at speeds between 40-50 mph (64-80 km/h). Hertz readings using an EVA tool are normally bewtween 8-24 HZ. This condition is most common on extended cab and crew cab models but has also been noted in other models.

Recommendation/Instructions:

The severity of the beam shake may vary from vehicle to vehicle. To determine if the concern is beam shake, please perform the following:

1. Test drive vehicle to confirm the condition. A beam shake condition will usually respond to concrete type pavements more than asphalt, so the vehicle should be driven over both surfaces if possible.

2. Place 200-500 pounds in the pickup bed between the closed tailgate and the wheel wells. A beaming condition should dissipate.

-----------

If the concern is determined to be beam shake, this a characteristic of the vehicle. GM Engineering has released updated body mounts to reduce this concern for the Crew and Extended Cab Models. There will be no changes made to the Regular Cab Models.

FOR CREW AND EXTENDED CAB MODELS, REPLACE THE REAR CAB MOUNTS WITH UPDATED PARTS LISTED BELOW. THESE PARTS SHOULD NOT BE USED ON REGULAR CAB MODELS.

New upper and lower mounts should be installed at the left and right rear cab position. The new LOWER mount is a two-piece design, meaning there is a rubber mount with a metal washer. Some models may use a one piece lower mount, meaning the rubber mount has a metal washer molded into it. If the vehicle has the one-piece lower mount design, washers (PN 15854745, Qty 2) will be needed to be used with the new lower mount.

Upper Mount 25791031 Qty 2

Lower Mount 25791032 Qty 2

Washer 15854745 Qty 2 (if needed)

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and ccomplete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

END.....

mplteddy

Jul 10, 2007
Central Alberta...
www.mplmotorsports.ca
That's funny. The exact same bulletin came out on 96-98 trucks. I remember we didn't have anything to simulate the weight capacity in the box. So we loaded a bunch of techs in the back and went for a test drive!! Didn't realize that was popping up again in the newer trucks. :D

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
If doing it yourself due to out of warranty here is the parts list:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

GM PART # 25791031
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $38.78
OUR PRICE: $23.80

GM PART # 25791032
GM LIST: $38.78
OUR PRICE: $23.80

GM PART # 15854745
GM LIST: $3.47
OUR PRICE: $2.13

Here is the list of costs on what's needed from page 2. Quantities and descriptions below:

Upper Mount 25791031 Qty 2

Lower Mount 25791032 Qty 2

Washer 15854745 Qty 2 (if needed)

I know some have ordered at http://www.PartsZone.com also don't know what the prices are there. One guy said his order was 122.78 shipped from GM parts direct.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I need to do this, on a concrete highway thats fairly smooth, mine rides like a
brick sh!thouse. figures, EC/SB, rides nice with a few hundered LB's in the bed. I've also heared the sulastic shackles help alot with ride quality too.