forward facing t-stat housing hose options

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO

not the best picture, but that is mine. g van housing and hose, my tcm is mounted in the battery tray. factory tcm cover must be removed and drill holes and mount tcm to fan shroud is what we did on a friends. hose will set up on the fan shroud, we cut my shroud some to let the house set in it some.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Here is mine. Everything off a 06 van

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382488673378.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382488673378.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 410

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Talked to PPE today, and they have just started selling a dual fueler belt that will clear their oil centrifuge. Its not listed on their website yet. I ordered one, assuming this will work great with dual pumps and the van thermostat housing/hose. You will have to retain a/c compressor or the delete pulley. Hoping this works for us, I will update after I get er done.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
sub'd also

i havent ever really looked closely but when running the van housing, how do you feed the turbo coolant? or is that not directly tied into the t stat housing like im thinking?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
sub'd also

i havent ever really looked closely but when running the van housing, how do you feed the turbo coolant? or is that not directly tied into the t stat housing like im thinking?

There is a spot on the housing to hook up the hose.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I just bought a van housing. I heard the bolt pattern was different too so went with what I knew would work. I do wish the van housing had a burp bolt, but not a huge deal

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
If you run a van thermostat housing with dual pumps you will need a longer belt and route it differently so the belt clears the van housing. I used a Dayco belt that I bought from PPE; its the one they use when running dual pumps and their oil centrifuge. If I knew the part # ahead of time, I could of just got it from local parts store. PPE tells you to look at the pictures on their website for belt routing reference, but I fought with them today about it cuz their pictures do not have the belt routed the correct way.(with centrifuge and dual pump) Let me know if you need the info.

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
I ordered the van housing as well, prices were real close so why risk it not lining up.

I had to reroute the belt too, found a Dayco through Grainger, although not sure if its the same as PPE has it, I played with the idlers some so the turbo could mount how I wanted it to off the front of the block