Fleece Turbo Brake / AllyLocker

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I am having issues getting my converter to lock when the Lockup box is "supposed" to lock it top of 2nd. Can I have some feedback on your experiences? Possibly some screen shots of logs to prove that the converter is actually locking in 2nd? At this point i am going to do a little testing but in the mean time i would like to see some evidence that it is working as advertised thank you

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Mine has been locking up just like it's suppose to. When turned on it locks as soon as it shifts into second gear. How long have you had it on your truck?

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Mine locks as soon as second hits but unlocks and then relocks at or around the third gear shift. I no longer run it.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
How do you know it's locking? logs? seat of the pants? are you sure you are seeing the RPM drop before it locks up? my shifts have firmed up but my converter does not lock until 52mph

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Mine has been locking up just like it's suppose to. When turned on it locks as soon as it shifts into second gear. How long have you had it on your truck?

for a few weeks... Brayden for some reason changed the design of the box... the first generation units light changed color when the converter locked mine does not so i have no idea if the when it is locked or not. The first gens were also 100% plug in play mine is not. I had to tap into the MAP sensor and the TPS sensor as well as tap into keyed power. None of that is a problem and i have verified that at the connector end of the harness it is reading properly its just i have no heard of anyone with my same model unit. Frankly i am on borrowed time and every trip i make to the track could very well be my last and i just spent 500$ on a box that is not working and i am getting quite unhappy with this whole situation.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
how did you get one of these, I've been waiting on a turbo brake for months now :(

mine is an "AllyLocker" not a turbo brake... i am not sure if internally they are any different. I called and talked to Brayden he sent me one out later that week.

Nov 3, 2006
Modesto, CA
The one I have changes color when the converter locks. I can't tell any difference in converter lockup in my logs from normal mode to performance but I have modified my tcm to lockup sooner. I was going to load a stock tcm in and see if I noticed any difference but I haven't done that yet

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
The one I have changes color when the converter locks. I can't tell any difference in converter lockup in my logs from normal mode to performance but I have modified my tcm to lockup sooner. I was going to load a stock tcm in and see if I noticed any difference but I haven't done that yet

that is what men much wiser than myself have said that since the box is actually sending the signal and taking over lockup you might not see it in the logs BUT still regardless if Mary Poppins or an Oompa Loompa is giving the signal you should still see RPM drop. I ran EXACTLY the same mph/ET with the box on

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Regardless of what sends the signal for lockup, logging torque converter slip rpm will tell what's really happening.......

i wish i could:thumb: i cannot validate that one PID. Commanded shifts 3400-3650 and the logs show i actually shift at 3750-3800 so i am blowing through my converter.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Have you tried BBL? this is the only way I can successfully log the TCM and ECM both.

ya i just tried to validate PIDs using the BBL option if the PIDs aren't validated for normal logging they still will not work with BBL

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2006
TN
ya i just tried to validate PIDs using the BBL option if the PIDs aren't validated for normal logging they still will not work with BBL

Your right. I choose my pids by the option.txt file, this new way validates them even with BBL. I completely forgot, I'm out of options now.:eek: