fitting 20x12 -44 offset wheels on 09 lmm

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
well ive installed lots of lifts on many different makes and trucks, but never a 20x12 with a smaller tire like a 33. my lbz cleared these with ease. this dam lmm wont hardly clear stockers. lol this truck has me confused. It sits very very low. With bars maxed, level keys installed, center hub to fender is 25.5. With 265/70/17 fender to ground is 40in. ive tried putting this tire/ wheel combo on. 33x12.50x20. again rims are 20x12. -44 offset. puts backspace around 4.77. i cant turn at all. LOL. my question is to anyone who has put stupid wide wheels on before. would a 4in clear it, or would a 6in like zone turned down to maybe 4 3/4-5in be smarter. id like no rubbing.
the way i see it is, i have roughly 1.5-2in lift in front with levelling kit. so at best, a 4in will be 2in taller then currently. but most 6in ive turned down are 3/4in taller at most.
anyone have this set up and not look dumb? LOL
PICS?

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
fender mod wont help really. Hits the paint and alot of fender. Truck simply needs to go higher. I just dont know if a 4in will clear. most 4in kits ive put on in past run 18-20x9in wide wheels. smaller offsets. this truck being lower then most and a bigger offset has me confused. heres truck with wheels and leveling kit.

Attachments

• 20161209_113228_zpsjbmhqlqh.jpg
    20161209_113228_zpsjbmhqlqh.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 20161208_140536_zps2c8iqjzu.jpg
    20161208_140536_zps2c8iqjzu.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 87

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
There are a couple things I'd recommend. First, get rid of those silly wide wheels. Second, get rid of that junk leveling kit and turn your bars back down to stock. That will save your front end parts from wearing prematurely and get your nice ride quality back. If none of those are an option, doing the NorCal big fender mod will certainly do the trick. If you're scared of a sawzall and cut off wheel then you're out of luck and need a lift. Even lifted, you'll probably do some significant trimming. Those wheels just sit too damn far outside the wheel wells.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
yeah leveling kit was just sitting here. will be removed once lift is on. Definitely not planning on keeping it.
i want aftermarket wheels and lilttle bigger tires then stock.
main reason is i cant stand stock, stock height or lowered trucks. this truck is to low for me. just looking to see of anyone had these similar spec'd wheels with a 4in. thoughts of different wheels has definitely went thru my head about 1000x now after all this. LOL

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
There are a couple things I'd recommend. First, get rid of those silly wide wheels. Second, get rid of that junk leveling kit and turn your bars back down to stock. That will save your front end parts from wearing prematurely and get your nice ride quality back. If none of those are an option, doing the NorCal big fender mod will certainly do the trick. If you're scared of a sawzall and cut off wheel then you're out of luck and need a lift. Even lifted, you'll probably do some significant trimming. Those wheels just sit too damn far outside the wheel wells.

Doode solid profile pic

suavecito1177

Duranewb
Oct 27, 2014
Denver
I have an 08 CC/SB that I swapped out my stock rims and tires for a set of 20x12 -44 with 32.5" tires only with a leveling kit. I couldn't even turn my steering wheel a quarter turn before it started to rub. Shop that installed them said it would be fine and so I listened. They got me for another $2500 and I installed a Rough Country 6" Lift. I had to cut a bit of the front bumper caps for some clearance and cut away some of the rubber inner fender well on the backside for more clearance but that was done before the rims and tires. ASt the moment I have no issues driving around town and make u-turns. Only rub when I hit reverse fully locked right or left or I hit a nice dip while turning.

kubitza123

Sep 19, 2016
Texas
I'm just still trying to figure out why guys want 12-14" wide wheels that stick a half mile out from under the fender? Could understand if purpose built race truck but not on a DD. Anyways I wish you luck since without a lift or homeboy profile tires I don't picture them fitting without cutting up the bumper and body.

Michigan_LMM

Nov 10, 2016
Mid Michigan
This is my truck with 20x12s and leveling keys and small fender mod. I just put on a zone 6" lift and with it set an inch or 2 higher than the picture I have to cut my bumper some due to the wider track width.

View attachment 45263

Last edited: