Fabtech upper control arms & Dual Shock Hoop w/ Cognito 4-6 NTBD Lift Kit

whyzed

Nov 3, 2012
NE Ohio
I have plans to lower my truck a bit and get some new wheels/tires, so I was going to get a 4-6 and set it just high enough to clear some 35s.

I know the 4" kits do not require new UCAs. Can I reuse my current UCAs on a smaller lift or will they push the tire too far out due to "straightening/flattening". I've heard that fabtech's UCA are longer in order to reach the fabtech's shorter spindle. Is this true? Does anyone have dimensions or a comparison anywhere, because I cannot find any. They are very similar in style and the joint mounts are almost identical, but I want to make sure.

I also want to reuse the dual shock hoop. I also don't think this will be an issue as it is not attached to anything that would be getting adjusted with a new lift, but I'm not 100% sure.

I have this upgraded hardware, so I would hate to not put it to use and have to buy a new set of cognito UCAs and not utilize the hoop.

Thanks in advance. I'm also looking for the best price on a 4-6 cognito NTD kit, but it looks as Dmaxstore, Norcal, alligator, etc are all around the same ~2.2K

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you can use them on the 4-6" lift. if you try to sell the 8" lift though, the buyer will be quite pissed at you when he finds his UCA wont allow him to set the truck at full height and it wont align correctly

whyzed

Nov 3, 2012
NE Ohio
you can use them on the 4-6" lift. if you try to sell the 8" lift though, the buyer will be quite pissed at you when he finds his UCA wont allow him to set the truck at full height and it wont align correctly

I know. I'm going to have to sell it with the note that they will need to buy UCAs and ball joints. Its such a pain trying to figure the specifics and most cost effective way of going about things. All I really want to do is lower it enough to clear ~34.5-35" tires.

Do you still have that cut bumpstop bracket? At first, I was going to lower the fabtech down, but with these out of control spindles, I'm going to just need to bite the bullet and get a whole new lift. I'm going to try and get 35s under it with around 4" of lift. I've seen a few accomplish it with getting the backspacing perfect without experiencing any rub on the rear of the front fenders. I still rub here even with the 8" & 37s (that are effectively 36" tires and closer to 35" with some wear). These spindles are just not designed very well.