LLY: F*****G brake lines

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
I'm in the process now. Reman calipers on all four corners, lol. The bleeders were big balls of rust and broke off immediately. After messing with the broken parts for a little while I said to hell with it and picked up remans.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Done and test drove. No leaks, abs works, pedal is firmer than it was before.

Doing the lines wasn't that bad actually. They are flexible enough to move them around without worrying about them breaking.

Bleeding wasn't bad either. I actually started up front since the mc had emptied and I had no fluid anywhere. Regular pumping with the truck off did nothing. With the truck running it moved some fluid and then pumping with the truck off worked. Moved to the rear, bled both sides, then did the front again. All gravy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL

Thanks for the link. Don't suppose you know of where to get a hose kit too? I ordered the lines from 1AAuto, but they don't show any brake hoses. Rock Auto has most of the hoses, but they are ~$12 - $15 each. Does anyone make a "kit" for when you end up redoing your brake lines? Summit lists a Russell "kit", but it is ~$100 .... almost the price of buying the individual ones off of Rock Auto.

turbo_bu

Mar 27, 2007
Central IL
Well, looked at the Russell website and they list the #672440 kit as the one for 2001 - 2006 Silverado HD's. The picture that I saw on Jegs/Summit shows 5 hoses and that's what is quoted on the Russell website. The picture though doesn't show if they come with new banjo bolts or washers. Anyone know if you it comes with new washers or not? I'd rather put new ones in if I am swapping.

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Well, looked at the Russell website and they list the #672440 kit as the one for 2001 - 2006 Silverado HD's. The picture that I saw on Jegs/Summit shows 5 hoses and that's what is quoted on the Russell website. The picture though doesn't show if they come with new banjo bolts or washers. Anyone know if you it comes with new washers or not? I'd rather put new ones in if I am swapping.

No new banjo bolts with the kit, it comes with new washers but they are aluminum and will corrode. i just bought new copper ones off rock auto