exhaust smell in cab after dp, mbrp, & egr blocker plate help please

stang233

Feb 19, 2013
So inow have diesel exhaust smell in the cab after the dp install. I just did my downpipe and 4" straight exhaust and egr blocker and am having bad diesel exhaust smell in the cab at stops. It is coming in from the heater. I tore it all back apart but everything looks seated well. Did anyone ever figure it out? Any advice? I hate driving the truck now and am scared of too much CO.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Make sure you blocker plate is all the way in and also you did use the gasket that was in there. On the down pipe you might have to sand off the coating around the flange end to get it to seat well.

JRS-DMAX

Nov 30, 2012
check your up pipe at the flex point they will break there thats where mine was broke and it smelled like yours

stang233

Feb 19, 2013
Thanks guys.

To you think I will be able to feel the lesk if I can get my hand by it. I have been really racking my head on this.

As for sanding the dp. What grit? 220? I have heard it needs to be done to the mbrp but never the de.

JRS-DMAX

Nov 30, 2012
you might b able to but look for soot on it i took out my wheel well and seen it and felt it

stang233

Feb 19, 2013
Man this is solo upsetting. I have looked over the whole motor and see no soot. I am going to try buying a new tip even though I do not think it is just pulling in the rear exhaust. I am going to try putting a bank of box fans on tail pipe and see if I still get it.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I have the same problem with exhaust smell. The only thing I can think of is exhaust is getting into the cab vents which are at the back of the cab. Look between the cab and bed and you'll see vents, one on the driver side and one of passanger side.

JRS-DMAX

Nov 30, 2012
if u cant find anything else just put a lb7 up pipe on passenger side and it will prob fix ur prob there might b just a small hole u cant see or feel in that flez piece cause when u take egr cooler out u pull and pry on that and then they crack just trying to help i messed with mine for days and thats all it was

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
if u cant find anything else just put a lb7 up pipe on passenger side and it will prob fix ur prob there might b just a small hole u cant see or feel in that flez piece cause when u take egr cooler out u pull and pry on that and then they crack just trying to help i messed with mine for days and thats all it was

I have an lb7 up pipe on my truck and egr delete. It's definitely something else...

stang233

Feb 19, 2013
Can you just replace the one up pipe on the egr side. How much and where can u get an lb7 up pipe