Engine Power is Reduced

spudstud

Dec 19, 2010
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a problem that I cannot figure out. I have a 2009 LMM. Last winter, I ran into the problem with getting some of the slushy snow into my intake. This of course set off the MAF sensor and went into reduced engine power mode. That cleared after a few hours. But this last summer, the engine power reduced mode kept coming up. It only came up when driving continuously over 30 miles. Sometimes it would go a hundred and sometimes it would come on even sooner than 30. The check engine light wouldn't come on but the message would come across. It happened on days that were really hot and clear, but it won't do it when its cool or really cold. I don't know why. I cleaned the maf sensor several times but it didn't work. I also have deleted everything from the downpipe back if that helps. Thanks

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a problem that I cannot figure out. I have a 2009 LMM. Last winter, I ran into the problem with getting some of the slushy snow into my intake. This of course set off the MAF sensor and went into reduced engine power mode. That cleared after a few hours. But this last summer, the engine power reduced mode kept coming up. It only came up when driving continuously over 30 miles. Sometimes it would go a hundred and sometimes it would come on even sooner than 30. The check engine light wouldn't come on but the message would come across. It happened on days that were really hot and clear, but it won't do it when its cool or really cold. I don't know why. I cleaned the maf sensor several times but it didn't work. I also have deleted everything from the downpipe back if that helps. Thanks

Stock intake? What kind of tune are you running? It's possible that the P0101 is blocked and thats why you don't get the check engine light.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Shot in the dark. Have you updated the ECM from GM? My friend had issues with the reduced power and thats all it was. DOUBTFULL but like i said.

If you think it is the maf sensor try a freinds and see if the problom goes away or use some contact cleaner on it and make sure you air filter is good.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Do you have access to something you can scan it with? Also what program are you running with your DPF delete?

spudstud

Dec 19, 2010
Yes it is a stock intake. I am running EFI live from Husker Diesel. It happens when I am on my hot street tune, which I run that tune most of the time. I am not sure of the horsepower but it is safe for a stock tranny because that is what I have. I took it to the dealer and they said if they did anything they would erase all my tunes and then they told me to change my fuel filter. I have cleaned it with the MAF sensor cleaner several times, but it has never helped. It is just weird when it has been. Not when its raining, or snowing, or cold. Only when it is hot.

spudstud

Dec 19, 2010
Oh and I do not have anything to scan with. I don't know if the Edge Insight CTS will scan but I am planning on getting one of those shortly.

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Mines does this too. First time happened when I was unloading my sled off the deck... it was frozen to the deck and the truck was moving back and forth quite a bit as I was trying to get it off. I heard it beeping and I got in the cab and saw the message. Next few times were just driving around normally. Dont really see a reason why it would come up but I am expecting it to be transmission related.

Also, I'm going to blame some of it on the tuning because it drives like a sack of crap. I just dont have the time to do my own tuning anymore... I'll make time in the spring or summer of 2011. Is yours tuned by a popular duramax tuning outfit in the online duramax world?

spudstud

Dec 19, 2010
Mine was tuned by Husker diesel out of Omaha, NE. I took it out there once for it and he thought he had it fixed, but he didn't. It's a pretty good drive out there and it is hard to find time. I will just wait until next summer when it happens again and take it back out there. It's just frustrating to have to worry when I'm going out on a drive whether or not my pickup is going to run right. However, those guys at Husker do great work and will work to make sure the customer is happy. I just haven't done a very good job of getting my pickup fixed right.