Elusive 12's on a stock config

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
This has got to be the most frustrating thing I have dealt with other than Algebra In Jr High :D Oh I am sure if I throw some Drag radials on it next I could break into the 12's with ease, but was trying to do it with just a street set up.
I run ET with the truck for now, and so far am impressed with just how well it is holding up.My trap speed and 60's are all indicative to a mid to upper 12, I'm at 13.1 @105. before i tear into the trans, which I know is inevitable for where I am gonna go with it. Am I missing a trick or two that I can squeak one more tenth out of it? I may put some drop shackles on it and get the rear down another inch or two, when the keys are pulled it has one serious rake to it LOL....I have the slip posted in the garage. Just looking for a pointer or two that I may have missed.
Yes, I am OCD :roflmao:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
If you are cutting good 60fts, what are drag radials going to do for you? I could just be completely retarded, but I'm curious what your theory is

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
What are you 60' times exactly? Can't see garages on Tapa talk I don't think

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Yeh guys these LML's are tanks, I had the truck completely emptied except for the back seat. Mike L's pressure gizmo helped a lot in keeping it going down the track faster in the run.
Was running 20 in the rears and 25 up front. Sidewalls were warm but not all that bad. Leaving the line at 20 psi. That seemed to be the sweet spot for the launch.
Waiting for my favorite southern guy to give me a call for the trans. I may get one more shot on a stock trans in June otherwise its gonna be Numidia and prolly a bit more power and trans combo ;)

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
hes not too heavy. i ran a 13.04@102 weighing in at 7800lbs and a 1.89 60ft

FC, how is she shifting? sounds like you loosing your time in there

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Bentley and the guys have it pretty much at a sweet spot, I think I can get a little more out of her, it will be nice to see how that pans out before I put a second fueler on.
As far as how the trans pulls thru the run. I talked to mike on that. The pressure box helped immensely, it has some fade in the 3-4 shift yet. But when the Rpm's are up it takes right back off.
With the right combo on the build I have no doubts that I'm mid 12's as she sits.