EFI LIVE and factory fast idle

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
Whos got it? What OS is it ???
Since GM got rid of the elevated idle in cold climates :mad:
i need a way to keep the truck closer to operating temp that wont affect drivability

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
If you just have a horn on your steering like i do, I know you can do a brake pedal code when the key is in the run position but not started...Just hold the gas peddle to the floor and pumping the brake's three time's then let off the go peddle. Pretty sure this is the code but it's been since last winter since i've messed with it, maybe someone else can comfirm this for us.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
If you just have a horn on your steering like i do, I know you can do a brake pedal code when the key is in the run position but not started...Just hold the gas peddle to the floor and pumping the brake's three time's then let off the go peddle. Pretty sure this is the code but it's been since last winter since i've messed with it, maybe someone else can comfirm this for us.

On the LMM's the DIC buttons are on the dash and there's less options compared to the classics:rolleyes: There's only radio and cruise control buttons on the steering wheel now.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
On the LMM's the DIC buttons are on the dash and there's less options compared to the classics:rolleyes:

there is less options compared to the 2003-2004 classics. ;)

2005-2007 classics have the same paired down/gypped option set as the LMM's. (no business/personal trip, no instant fuel econ, etc...)

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Mine shows average fuel economy. If you want instant, just reset it!

Is there anywhere in EFI to set the cold weather idle rpm and what temp it comes on for the LBZ like on the LB7/LLY?

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
My lb7 don't have high idle. I have the steering wheel controls. I looked through all the settings on the DIC and didn't see anything about high idle. But then again, my truck IS from Texas. anyway to do this without going to the dealer and spending money to have it enabled? I'm broke at the moment.

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
There is elevated idle (in the DIC) apperantly GM got rid of it in cold climates because it locks the T/C and can fry trannys in extreme cold due to innsufficent fluid flow.
So madmaxx61 id be carfull under -30 *C with the elevated.

There is also a fast idle "factory" option on the LMM's, e-brake on cruise on use set and resume to raise and lower the rpm it has to be equipped from the factory

Im on the same OS as a friend who has both options so its not the OS its some where else in the ECM or maybe the BCM IDK

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Dale, from what I've been told we can't change any settings for the high idle. I don't think GM got rid of the high idle in cold climates. I know on my truck they went to a less aggressive high idle so they say, which doesn't load the trans as hard, or something like that.

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
Dale, from what I've been told we can't change any settings for the high idle. I don't think GM got rid of the high idle in cold climates. I know on my truck they went to a less aggressive high idle so they say, which doesn't load the trans as hard, or something like that.

Mine does nothing anymore so i assumed it was gone
Guess ill have to ask the dealer about it was just tring to avoid going there
When was your truck last at the dealer?

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
My truck hasn't been at the dealer in a year or so. I try to avoid them, plus my warranty is over anyway. I think they did my trans programming in the winter of 2007 2008.

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
My truck hasn't been at the dealer in a year or so. I try to avoid them, plus my warranty is over anyway. I think they did my trans programming in the winter of 2007 2008.

IDK then guess im buying a throttle controller just thought it might be doable with efi

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
IDK then guess im buying a throttle controller just thought it might be doable with efi

why not just use the PTO function in the ECM? press the cruise control buttons and it raises engine RPM, as long as its in park...

nobody makes an aftermarket throttle controller for our trucks unless its some ghetto rigged mechanical setup that actually presses down on the pedal....which would add wayyyy more complication and cost than is necessary.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
why not just use the PTO function in the ECM? press the cruise control buttons and it raises engine RPM, as long as its in park...

nobody makes an aftermarket throttle controller for our trucks unless its some ghetto rigged mechanical setup that actually presses down on the pedal....which would add wayyyy more complication and cost than is necessary.

They have this option in the LBZ's Ben? If so, that would be FN sweet!!

My trans OS was upgraded by GM to fix the converter burn-out problem some trucks were having, but I am running my original OS now again. It does idle up, but only does it when it is quite cold and not for as long as I like. It shuts off too soon for my liking.

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
I have it in my LMM are you sure you don't have it? I am in the cold climates too. I saw last year -50C for a few days and used it.

What trim is your truck?

CC/SB LTZ it had it last year before the last trip to the dealer i tried to turn it on a week ago and it wasnt there anymore I did some research and found out about the tranny issues and figured The dealer got rid of it in my truck

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta

Apparently the truck has to be equipped with fast idle RPO UF3
http://www.gmupfitter.com/publicat/bull/63135_FastIdle_UI_82_D3.pdf

Really dont look to ghetto http://www.vmac.ca/file_manager/upload/m200008.pdf

maxxflip

Apr 25, 2009
Alberta
They have this option in the LBZ's Ben? If so, that would be FN sweet!!

My trans OS was upgraded by GM to fix the converter burn-out problem some trucks were having, but I am running my original OS now again. It does idle up, but only does it when it is quite cold and not for as long as I like. It shuts off too soon for my liking.

I wonder why its totally gone on mine:confused:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Idle Parameters for other OS's

Hi EFI!! Just a question for ya.

What are the chances of getting some idle parameters like what the LLY's have added to some of the other OS's? Winter is here and it sure would be nice to have a little adjustment of the temp that my engine idle up comes on/off. The way the factory has it set is a little to cool for my liking.

Either that or some PTO control like the LB7's would also be better than nothing.

Thanks and keep up the outsanding work y'all are doing!!:thumb: