Efi Dealers

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Question for the buisness owners on here. Who are you using for efi live if you don't offer your own tuning? As a buisness it seems like a pain to offer customers efi tuning cause every tuner my buisness has tried takes at least a week if they don't loose the email. A lot of customers don't like having to wait that long and some can't make 2 trips.

wilsondiesel

Nov 11, 2015
Sedalia, MO
Tyler Radewald with Punisher Performance. I usually like to get my tune set up a week before truck comes in to give him time to make it but 99% he sends it over within same day.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Tyler Radewald with Punisher Performance. I usually like to get my tune set up a week before truck comes in to give him time to make it but 99% he sends it over within same day.

Do you have your customers prepay? It's hard to do that cause a guys word means nothing. I got stuck with 3 sets of tunes last year.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I use mark. I havnt been screwed on a set of tunes by a customer yet. But small town

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I’m not a vendor here but probably should become one. With that said I usually have tunes in one day. I like as much time as I can get as well. So if you are planning things ahead of the customer being there you should never run into a problem. It is always the best practice to have them prepay or take a deposit for your out of pocket expenses. Especially when you can’t get your money back on the Tuning. Customer service needs to be everyone’s priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
I use Motorops only because they are local. It seems very hard to have anyone supply tuning in a timely fashion anymore.
They re awesome they don't give a damn about our epa laws. My friend got some tunes from a well known American company and they are pretty lame.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I’m not a vendor here but probably should become one. With that said I usually have tunes in one day. I like as much time as I can get as well. So if you are planning things ahead of the customer being there you should never run into a problem. It is always the best practice to have them prepay or take a deposit for your out of pocket expenses. Especially when you can’t get your money back on the Tuning. Customer service needs to be everyone’s priority.

X2 I'm the same way Shane.

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
Always get customer to deposit for custom tuning. Tony is always really good on time lines.

It's a tough game to deliver custom tuning in 24hrs. Your basic script jobs are one thing, but truely custom tunes via email always take time.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Most of the tuning we do get is the basic trans safe dsp5 tunes. Maxx effort tunes here and there. Full custom tunes don't happen to often. I understand a day or two. But over a week for basic tunes seems long for a guy that is buying a couple sets a week.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Always get customer to deposit for custom tuning. Tony is always really good on time lines.

It's a tough game to deliver custom tuning in 24hrs. Your basic script jobs are one thing, but truely custom tunes via email always take time.

Tony had decent turn around times but needed the stock file. A lot of customers come from out of town. It was a pain.

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
I use Tony also, was really happy how my dads lbz ran, just let my customers know it will not be ready immediately, I got involved because the majority of my business is tuning Ag equipment and semi’s and the farmer would almost always ask if I had something available for their pickups

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
Tony had decent turn around times but needed the stock file. A lot of customers come from out of town. It was a pain.

Tony has done me great for LML and 10+ cummins. Otherwise we do it in house. If we have out of town customer, we get the vin and a deposit. Truck comes in, retrieve ecm serial number so Tony can lock tune, And by time exhaust is in we don't wait long for a email.

If you can't do inhouse, Tony is the best industry/dealer support I have found.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
My shop is the only EFI Live dealer in Oregon and does in house tuning, meaning writing the tunes and not selling others tuning. Like most say stock setups are most common and most, LML's are the most common these days and so far have only been stock setups except a few fixed vane trucks. I do a deposit even for in house tuning jobs anymore since a few kids have stuck me with parts/tuning even though the tune is just the cost of a stock file. I only have one customer is south Carolina that I will email a file to if he hasn't gotten the payment sent first. I got burnt a few times emailing a file and then guys say' "oh sorry I don't need tuning anymore or I changed my mind or some shit! I try to have emailed files out within 48 hours once a payment clears.

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
My shop is the only EFI Live dealer in Oregon and do in house tuning. Like most say stock setups are most common and most, LML's are the most common these days and so far have only been stock setups except a few fixed vane trucks. I do a deposit even for in house tuning jobs anymore since a few kids have stuck me with parts/tuning even though the tune is just the cost of a stock file. I only have one customer is south Carolina that I will email a file to if he hasn't gotten the payment sent first. I got burnt a few times emailing a file and then guys say' "oh sorry I don't need tuning anymore or I changed my mind or some shit! I try to have emailed files out within 48 hours once a payment clears.

You may or may not be the only guy doing in house tuning but there's atleast 2 dozen shops that are dealers for top name tuners in the state

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
You may or may not be the only guy doing in house tuning but there's atleast 2 dozen shops that are dealers for top name tuners in the state

Dealers for other tuners yes but not an actual EFI Live dealer. they are just selling the big name tuners tuning. I have quite a few shops across the country selling my tuning same as the big guys but not on the big scale of things.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon

But here we go again Sean whatcha getting at with your comment? it has no validity to this thread other then you cutting me down :thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Depending on my work load it is either same day or next and rarely is it more than that unless I'm swamped. 14hr days are my normal and I try to get everyone taken care of as quickly as possible but I'm only one person. Hope this helps.:hug:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Depending on my work load it is either same day or next and rarely is it more than that unless I'm swamped. 14hr days are my normal and I try to get everyone taken care of as quickly as possible but I'm only one person. Hope this helps.:hug:

You've always done me great mark! Same day 99% of the time never more than the next day.

Thanks for the tuning on my 7, it's running great