Eagle wheel replacement nuts

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Ran into a snag :rolleyes:

While installing gauges in my pickup last weekend I removed both front tires to access the engine. In doing so I found the shop that put new tires on my pickup destroyed my drive side front wheel studs and nuts. I was able to get 6 of the 8 lug nuts back on but am going to have to either press out the bad studs for new ones or get a new dually front wheel spacer, I'm obviously going to need new lug nuts too.

Being I've got to get 8 new nuts I was looking at getting new nuts and caps for the other wheels while I'm at it being all the others are rusting.
Are there any good places to buy new nuts and caps?
Does anybody make a more robust coating on their lug nuts or caps so that they won't rust right away? Or would I be better off just painting them white, the same color as my pickup? I'm sure the paint would all chip off the first time you tightened the wheels up.
I replaced one wheel last year and they're already rusting, which I feel is ridiculous.

This is probably a dumb question but are all dually wheels lug centric and not hub centric?
My pickup came with the eagle wheels when I bought it and haven't taken dually wheels on pickups apart before this. And I can't quite remember with the semi's on the farm, it's been a LONG time.

Thanks in advance,
Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I was able to get 6 of the nuts back on, it took awhile and I'll still be getting new studs but for now it works.
The valve stem on the driver outside dual broke so being I had to take it off to get it fixed I figured I'd paint the lug nuts and caps. I don't know if I like the black but it looks ALOT better than rusted ones.
I wonder how white would look?

Let me know what you think.

Yellowchevy

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 27

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
There probably gorilla brand lugnut. Eagle wheels doesn't have lugnuts, you buy them seperate. Most brands look the same anyways.

I'll look into that.
I got a price from a supplier a few years ago but I couldn't get myself to buy them for the price and knowing they were going to rust again just like they have. If there were stainless ones it wouldn't bad.

Yellowchevy