DURAMILEAGE tune - Claims 4 to 7 MPG Gain +65hp

RayMich

Jun 1, 2008
Mid Michigan
I just read about this.

Does anyone here have any experience with this guy's tunes?
http://www.powerupdiesel.biz/category_s/1.htm

He claims 4 to 7 MPG gain hand calculated, as well as a stronger "bottom end" power band with his DURAMILEAGE tune.

He say on his website:
With the capability to "Fine-Tune" over 50+ potential fuel tables and engine functions... our primary tuning option for the Duramax diesel is our High-Mileage Fuel Economy Tunes... which also provide modest horsepower gains of 65HP for improved towing.
He charges $395 to re-flash your ECM. Add $300 if you want him to program a replacement (pre-owned) ECM. That way you can keep your original ECM stock.

A 4 to 7 MPG gain plus 65 HP would be very impressive, but a little hard to believe.
shocked.gif

Has anyone here had any dealings with this guy?

Thanks.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Does he guarantee the results? If so, give it a shot.

I find it hard to believe, since GM's tuning isn't all that bad. Normally you will see 10% mileage improvement with a good tune.

That's about 2mpg.

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008
It's b/s... few people have tried it and gotten nowhere near that. Proven best bet is a PPE or go big with an EFI live system.

RayMich

Jun 1, 2008
Mid Michigan

I find it hard to believe, since GM's tuning isn't all that bad. Normally you will see 10% mileage improvement with a good tune.

That's about 2mpg.
The best I've ever seen was 5%. Getting 7 mpg would be more than 37% gain. No way Jose. :thumbsdown: --Even 4 mpg would be almost 22% for me.

Here is what he says about his warranty:
DURAMILEAGE comes with our industry first: 5000 MILE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

...and we will Warranty the Tune for the life of your truck!

With such a Guarantee... you have nothing to loose and everything to gain... so get out your credit card and ORDER YOUR DURAMILEAGE TODAY!
With my luck, I would end up with melted pistons and that would be the end of the life for my truck. Him refunding the $395 wouldn't do squat for me then.

I was just curious if anyone here knew this guy and if he was any good.

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
ray did you read the customer letter on the page, he (the customer) said "they bought get over 22mph now." i would leave it alone.

then it says "DURAMILEAGE is the "recalibrating" of your truck's ECM with proprietary fuel maps that were developed by more than 25 years of GM automotive experience. "
25 years of experience in gm product. Good thank God for that, i am sure the rochester double barrel carb will be very prominantly displayed in the 6 yr old duramax tuning.

RVN4ME

May 28, 2008
Mid MI
I don't know if he's on here or not but cowdoc has tried it. It didn't do what it claimed to do for him so he returned it.

chevmike

WI Salad
Apr 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I get 20 with Mcrats race tune and 20" wheels ccsb. In my opinion thats not bad at all. alot of people claim alot but from what I have seen 20mpg is about the best anyone can actually prove. correct me if i am wrong

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I get 20 with Mcrats race tune and 20" wheels ccsb. In my opinion thats not bad at all. alot of people claim alot but from what I have seen 20mpg is about the best anyone can actually prove. correct me if i am wrong

I get 17.6-18 all city driving hand calculated at each fill-up. I imagine I would get closer to 22 on the highway

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I could get 27mpg at 60 mph but thts no fun at all :)

I hear that!!:D

Why is it when I read that ad, I felt like I was reading a script from an info-mercial?

I would really like to hear from someone that actually has used this and find out how well it worked. There are 600 Dmax's apparently running this-somebody must know somebody with this tuning.

Last edited:

bronson

(.)(.)
Apr 3, 2008
Sylvan Lake, AB

That's about 2mpg.

I was doing a 1600 mile round trip to work twice a month in the summer, your tow tune got me 24mpg compared to 17mpg i was getting stock, of course that was based on a 4.55 litre gallon not the 3.82 litre gallon you guys use.

The 17mpg was on a very good day and when the truck was bone stock.

The 24mpg was cruising on good, clear roads at 75mph steady. The money in diesel i woulda saved had it not been 'donated' by the rig woulda been huge :D

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
bronson,

I thought we had a 3.78L gallon

It is 3.78L/US GAL.

When I figure my mileage I use 3.78 because that's a yankee gal and if I buy a yankee gal at a yankee pump I get 3.78L.

Not sure why people use 4.55L/gal-that's only good if you are buying fuel in the UK.

bronson

(.)(.)
Apr 3, 2008
Sylvan Lake, AB
It is 3.78L/US GAL.

When I figure my mileage I use 3.78 because that's a yankee gal and if I buy a yankee gal at a yankee pump I get 3.78L.

Not sure why people use 4.55L/gal-that's only good if you are buying fuel in the UK.

I think 4.55 litres is the size of a Canadian gallon too, it goes back to the days when everything over here was a colony of ours..... only the americans managed to get that wrong too, both parts, gallon size and being part of a great empire!!! :D:D