EFILive Duramax Tuning Class

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Guy Tripp and I are putting on a Duramax Tuning class featuring EFILive.

Dates will be Feb. 28 - March 1, 2009. Class will go from 8:30am-5pm with a 30 minute lunch.

The location will be:

310 South Maple Street Suite F
Corona CA 92880
951 270 0808
FAX 951 279 1090
email [email protected]

Cost will be $295 for a two day class
Class size will currently be restricted to 15.
Folk who buy or bought EFILive from McRat Racing will get a $100 discount

Curriculum will focus on Duramax High Performance, instead of discussing why gas tuning theory doesn't work on diesels.

Guy Tripp was instrumental in getting Duramax support for EFILive, and has worked with EFILive on Duramaxes since the beginning. He has drag raced and sled-pulled Duramaxes as well.
Patrick McSwain is known for being a groundbreaker in the Duramax racing arena, with experience in drag racing, sled-pulling, and land speed record competition.
These are two of the best known Duramax hotrodders, who walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Here's where I've sent folk in the past who visited our facility:

http://www.ayreshotels.com/CoronaWest/index.asp

It's about 1/4mi away from the shop, and gets good reviews.

Class is filled, bring a notepad, a computer, and your EFILive cable. I'll be buying pizza for lunch, and there are several fast-food places around here. There is a nice Mexican restaurant, "Miguels" nearby as well, where those who chose to can meet after class for dinner.

I will edit this post to include more details.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Highly doubt it will be at the same location James.

I guess I put the cart before the horse on the party though..... but if thats doable Im sure we would all love to pitch in to help cover the costs :hug:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Both Guy and I started talking about this over a year ago, and both of us haven't been able find time to do it. The original class was supposed to be just Guy and I, and it didn't work out that way. We learned alot about the Do's and Don'ts, and will make this class the best yet.

We are still debating the location, price, class size, and outline.

But I figure if we set a hard date, then we will be forced to git-er-done. I figure we will have everything hammered out in less than a week.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
same location?

Will the dyno be available, set up?

The last location had a dyno, but it wasn't safe for diesel pickups, so no dyno was done.

But to tell you the truth, dyno technique demonstration is extremely time-intensive. It takes me 3 hours to dyno tune a truck if I'm not explaining it as I go. We haven't ruled out a dyno, but we haven't figured out which is a better use of time. Last class ran out of teaching time.

clayt171

He's watching you
Aug 21, 2008
I O Way
I would have to agree with Beach 33 and Big Block 88. This would be an awsome class to take part in but not everyone can get out of work and spend the money for transportation. If a video could be put together of the class (what happens at the party stays at the party unless it gets posted) you could then sell it. I know I would buy it.

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD
If it was closer than 3000 miles away i would be there in a second. Dam i might try and make it anyway if i can get a buddy to go with me. Keep us posted Pat.