Duramax tuner questions for newby

AUSDMAX

AUSSIE DURAMAX FANATIC
Mar 21, 2013
Hi i have been a long time troller of these forums but only just registered after nearly finishing my duramax conversion in my 2005 nissan gu patrol with an LBZ and stage 5 Built allison 6 speed auto and tripple plate billet converter :D im after some tuning experience who is good and who is not? i want to run a dsp5 setup to have a little fun and i have a friend with efi live that can flash on the tunes can anyone recomend me a tuner at all? and also what it costs? also being a converted car i would i have to have the VATS etc turned off like in an LS based conversion

thanks
Luke.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Bob Olson at Dieselx.com did my truck and I love it.He is also known as BoBo on this site.There are a few at the top of their game on here.They will chime in I'm sure.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Bobo did mine as well. You can see my sig is an LBZ as well. I went with him based on his experience and I chose the stay with a local tuner. I like the Mom and Pop philosophy.

All of the tuners on this forum are accomplished and will provide quality tuning.

AUSDMAX

AUSSIE DURAMAX FANATIC
Mar 21, 2013
Haha cheers tone and thanks for the help along the way :thumb:

Thanks for your input swell lb7smoke and dordtech i will have to email him does he do email tunes and also are his tunes very smokey as iv seen just by watching movies on YouTube etc that some tuners tunes are and some aren't i want a clean burning tune as it looks awful when a newish diesel car smokes alot just my personnel opinion thanks again for the input

Luke.

PROLSXSS

Jul 13, 2012
Not a problem Luke glad i could help along the way with it and the parts... i told you it was not that hard to do Haha. I just threw my new tunes in before i left again if you where closer not over the other side of the country i coulda done it for you using mikes efilive but there is allot of good tuners on here I'm sure you'll get it sorted have a good one buddy

AUSDMAX

AUSSIE DURAMAX FANATIC
Mar 21, 2013
Thanks a heap man conversion gear was spot on and by the way you left all your logins on the workshop computers running dude Facebook forums and all last week when you where over here :rofl:

PROLSXSS

Jul 13, 2012
Yeah i seen that Haha you must have accidentally posted with my name i had to change it and delete my colourful status off the old bookface

AUSDMAX

AUSSIE DURAMAX FANATIC
Mar 21, 2013
Haha yeah thanks for changing that i jumped on and you where logged in i forgot then couldn't delete it. And we just had to do the Facebook status it's religious when someone stays logged in on the workshop computer :D

AUSDMAX

AUSSIE DURAMAX FANATIC
Mar 21, 2013
I can take care of your tuning.....feel free to PM me or email me.

;)

Hi man what is your email address I'll flick you an email sometime today if i could iv read a few good things about your tunning and watched a few vids on YouTube

Thanks
Luke

Last edited:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Haha cheers tone and thanks for the help along the way :thumb:

Thanks for your input swell lb7smoke and dordtech i will have to email him does he do email tunes and also are his tunes very smokey as iv seen just by watching movies on YouTube etc that some tuners tunes are and some aren't i want a clean burning tune as it looks awful when a newish diesel car smokes alot just my personnel opinion thanks again for the input

Luke.
Yes he does.He tuned Mika's truck ,a 9 sec street truck and i can not remember what country he is in but i know he did not go there lol.