Duramax can't get right

Rthomas3687

Apr 25, 2017
I am having some issues with a turner I purchased.

I installed a 4" down pipe, s &b filter system, FASS lift pump, and efi live tune. The truck ran fine for the first 50 miles then the DIC gave a change fuel filter message (fuel filter was changed last week). Another 50 miles and it went into limp mode. I cleared the ($0280) code and it ran fine again.

50 more miles and it started with the change fuel filter message again. 50 more miles and back in limp mode but no DTC's on autocal. I reflashed the system and the errors went away.

50 more miles and the change fuel filter started again and I parked the truck. I plugged the autocal in last night and there were no DTC's detected. I scrolled through the autocal and the VIN is no longer showing up.

Any advice you can give on how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Note: 2015 LML engine.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Well, first of all, a $0280 code is an EFILive error code, not an engine DTC. You need to talk to whoever did your tuning and figure out what is going on with that. You will probably need to get a datalog and send the tuner the info.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
A $0280 means "Unsupported protocol (i.e. no vehicle detected)". The recommend actions are:
- Check all cables and connections.
- Make sure ignition is turned on to the run position.

I'd try reloading your tunes. Then sending a datalog to the tuner.

Rthomas3687

Apr 25, 2017
Thanks

Thanks everyone for the responders. I have spoken to the people that did the tuning, got the error codes and data log sent to them. Hopefully they can get me straightened up.