Here is a pic with the Drag Radials in TX

caspertx.JPG

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
According to my calcs those are approximately 28" in diameter. What kind of RPM are you turning when you go through the traps with those?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
According to my calcs those are approximately 28" in diameter. What kind of RPM are you turning when you go through the traps with those?

Pat will most likely know that answer but I do know we hit a limiter at 128 mph. One of the reasons we changed gears.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
I keep staring at the pics :D

As I asked on DP before I got banned.... stock trucks should be able to run these without any worries?

Would I be correct to assume I could see an ET drop along with 60 going from stock tires to these?

I think Imma order a set :D

Are they a pretty fast wearing tire I assume? Have you guys always had the same set for Casper or does it go thru them or what?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
These fit perfect on stock rims, and they are FABRIC RADIAL tires with only a 2149LB weight rating at 35PSI inflation. This is OK for unladen trucks, but not for loaded trucks or towing.

They work fine in the rain as far as I could tell. It was POURING in Colorado and we drove 20 miles with them in the rain.

They will pick up nails like a magnetic, and won't last alot of street miles.

The injector-based RPM limit I saw shut the engine down shortly after 126mph, so we had to step up to the M&H 30 / 14.0 - 16 Bias Ply DOT Race tires to go faster at the time.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
We use those on our Vette in the 26" size, and have went 1.56 sixty foot with them without heating them up at Famoso.

The M&H's work very well too, and their Nostalgia Drags, are the only 16" slick that will keep our gears straight, since they are 32" dia.

c_murray7313

Addicted to HORSEPOWER!!!
Apr 2, 2007
Ocean City, Maryland
how would a regular drag slick work that is designed for the cars such as my car or neens car? would the weight of the trucks be to much for them or are they just to big if you were going with a true "slick"? im just curious since that would open up alot more sizes and compounds for everyone to pick from. finding wheels might be a bit hard though.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It's the wheels that are the bitch.

16's barely fit, and they don't make alot of racing 8-lug wheels.

We want 5" of backspace to tuck the tires and avoid front end problems, but most rims are 4"-4.5". It makes a difference.

We have 6" backspace custom made rims on the front of Casper, and 5" for the rear. These are shod with M&H 30x14.0-16 DOT Cheater Slicks. They are only rated at 1800? load, so technically the front axle is overloaded.

We call these the "My Little Pony" tires because the tires look exaggerated. They are crappy on the street, and we get tire shake at 100+ mph. Not a good solution, but they SURE WERE EXPENSIVE. About $3000.

Lonnie

Horsepower Addict
True, there are not a lot of 16" drag tire choices out there & then they typically only go up to 28" tall.

Have you considered adapting a smaller brake that will fit 15" wheels? Smaller brakes will also reduce rotating mass & make your truck faster.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The front rotors on Casper are blued and have radial cracks, much like a set of Corvette rotors after a roadrace session. Nope, I'm not cutting down the brakes.