DPF "Upgrade" exhaust question

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
I picked up a white 2015 GMC Denali and i still have power train warranty. I'm gonna want to delete once that is up so i wanna get everything figured out and here so its ready to go when the time comes. Gonna probably go with EFI Live for tuning and i was thinking AFE exhaust since it exits in the stock location. I was getting really sick of my white 06 being black from soot all the time and I'm wondering if i went with a cat-back exhaust would that help with the soot? I also enjoy the quietness of this new truck so i would be ordering with a muffler and possibly adding in a second muffler i have sitting on the shelf. Would this be worth while?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Deleting the dpf and keeping the cat is like cracking open a cold one and pouring it out. You’re still defeating the purpose. Downpipe back exhaust. Muffler and fte resonator. GOOD CLEAN TUNES. And a turndown tip.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I've never seen a clean tuned Lml black from soot.. unless maybe it tows constant and never ever gets a bath

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
I've never seen a clean tuned Lml black from soot.. unless maybe it tows constant and never ever gets a bath

I was just going by what i saw with my LBZ. It had clean tunes i felt from SS Diesel Tuning. It got washed usually and the back of my box above the tailpipe always seemed to be black.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
That has more to do the location of the exhaust pipe then anything. If it's in close to the fender it will soot up the truck. Ya have to get it out past the rear tire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
I hardly ever notice any soot with a magnaflow that exits almost straight out the side and it doesnt stick out much if at all on my 08 LMM.