LMM: DPF Delete Help

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Yep.

I guess our next step is take it to the dealer to see what's going on? Truck is a dog shifting at 2500 RPMS

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2006
TN
Have you changed the fuel filter yet. I downloaded the tune you had posted and made some more adjustments to it - hopefully they help.View attachment 12987

I'm pretty sure he has, but I'll make sure when I get back.

Thanks for the tune Dustin! When I get back to the truck in a week or so I'll post back my findings. He wrecked it a few nights ago...So now it's got to be Re-Repaired.

Last edited:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I'm pretty sure he has, but I'll make sure when I get back.

Thanks for the tune Dustin! When I get back to the truck in a week or so I'll post back my findings. He wrecked it a few nights ago...So now it's got to be Re-Repaired.

Ouch....

That tune has the EGR shut off and codes disabled, as well as the DPF and EGT sensors. A few limiters were also removed. Be sure to change the filter and report back how it does.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Got it all fixed up today. Fuel Filter was causing it to go into limp mode. I made moderate tune for it with the DPF deleted and all is well.

Thanks everyone for your help!

LRWarrior

Dec 14, 2010
I don't know how much help this will be but I'll explain my situation. I recently ordered a DPF delete kit from AEF but it was missing the DPF delete pipe. Because the individual whom I ordered the parts from was a screw up, I decided to go ahead and put a stack kit on the truck which didn't seem like it would be too big of a problem considering that I had already recieved an SCT programmer for the dpf delete kit. Once I had put all of this on the truck I used the programmer on the truck to program the engine. I know SCT is normally for Fords but seeing that they had a dpf delete tune for the LMM and also due to the fact that I am overseas right now it was my easiest option. Well to shorten this story, I noticed that the check engine light was on and was throwing the two codes; P2033 and its buddy for the other bank although I cannot remember what it is. The truck was doing the exact same thing as yours, and wouldn't shift above 2,500 rpm and if you were to hold it there, it would go into limp mode. After calling my friend at Chux Trux in Independance, Missouri and him in turn contacting the people at SCT it was realized that the tune was wrong and it was still thinking the DPF was still on the engine. This has since been reprogrammed and corrected and I can now get the engine to perform as neccissary but I am still throwing the two EGT sensor codes. I think perhaps your problem is still with the engine missing the dpf filter. The only answer could be with the tune you are currently using. I am not familiar with EFI yet as I do not have it yet. There is some connection between the DPF and the EGR in relation to that happening because it threw a code saying that the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient. I only got to see this code once and I believe that this could definately be your problem in one way or another. Like I said, I am not familiar with EFI live and I would imagine that that is what you guys are using. I am a total noob when it comes to this but it has taken me two weeks to get this truck to run right, minus the fact its still throwing the two codes for the EGT temperature sensors bank 1 sensor 1 and 2. (P2033, P0546). I hope this helps you out some.

LRWarrior

Dec 14, 2010
Got it all fixed up today. Fuel Filter was causing it to go into limp mode. I made moderate tune for it with the DPF deleted and all is well.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Perhaps I should have read the last post before I replied. :rofl: