DPC '15 -- Who are the GM guys?

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Why these guys dont plan and build for the elevation just amazes me.

Interesting that our hobby has gotten to the point where nobody has any idea who the competitors are anymore.

Found some pics. http://www.dieselpowermag.com/diese...nts_you_pick_the_players/2008_gmc_sierra.html

That puzzles me as well. These guys know where the event takes place, yet insist on giant turbos. Based on the little bit that I know about racing at elevation, I would think that a VVT twin setup would be your best bet. Seems to me like Steve has a great truck for the DPC. Hope he doesn't change anything.

And whats with all of the lift kits? A big heavy lift kills you in the drags, towing, sled pull and MPG events.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
It's not about function like it was... it's about how many nuts wingers and fans they can get. What I find absolutely hilarious is that ATS sponsors the event and not one person runs their transmissions, along with racing at the highest elevation track in the US. :confused:

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
I thought Kelsey Epp was shooting for DPC this year, had gotten a new rig for it even. Didn't get past the entry phase I guess?

Maybe the reason we/you dont recognize names is because people around these parts are smarter. Don't get me wrong, I'd support our guys, but it always seemed like you had to be willing to break your truck by pushing past it's capabilities. Risk vs reward isn't there. Like I said, just my opinion on it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
That puzzles me as well. These guys know where the event takes place, yet insist on giant turbos. Based on the little bit that I know about racing at elevation, I would think that a VVT twin setup would be your best bet. Seems to me like Steve has a great truck for the DPC. Hope he doesn't change anything.

And whats with all of the lift kits? A big heavy lift kills you in the drags, towing, sled pull and MPG events.

i assume its about the looks now too, atleast to the readers im sure. i feel some of them think nitrous will do the spooling for them.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I thought Kelsey Epp was shooting for DPC this year, had gotten a new rig for it even. Didn't get past the entry phase I guess?

Maybe the reason we/you dont recognize names is because people around these parts are smarter. Don't get me wrong, I'd support our guys, but it always seemed like you had to be willing to break your truck by pushing past it's capabilities. Risk vs reward isn't there. Like I said, just my opinion on it.

I think she is shooting for next year.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I feel like Lavon Miller is gonna take it again. That deckplate 6.7 is gonna be nasty

I tend to agree. Lavon understands what it takes to win. But Rick might give him a run for his money this year. I kinda figure all three GM trucks will not place, given their setups arent exactly ideal for that competition.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I tend to agree. Lavon understands what it takes to win. But Rick might give him a run for his money this year. I kinda figure all three GM trucks will not place, given their setups arent exactly ideal for that competition.

I had the same feeling from the GM choices. Really wanted to see the Frankenstein 12v make it. I swear DPC gets gayer every year lmao

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
If Lavon wins again, does he get to continue to come back as the prior year champion until he gets beaten?

His truck is a beast!! If it stays together and Lavon does his part, it's as stout a truck as any other.

bigbird

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

She bought my truck. Is shooting for next year.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
If Lavon wins again, does he get to continue to come back as the prior year champion until he gets beaten?

His truck is a beast!! If it stays together and Lavon does his part, it's as stout a truck as any other.

Yep if he wants he can keep coming back to defend the title.

I figured a 369/483 setup would do great there spool faster and drive better and still make good power