Downpipe Mount Cracked

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
WTH??? Anyone elses stock LB7 downpipe mounting tab cracked before? It's the tab that connects to the exhaust manifold. What the hell would cause that?

I'm beginning to think my engine mounts are, or at least one of them, torn or worn out and allowed the engine to torque so far it's breaking shit. Like my bellhousing and this mount.

Any thoughts. :confused:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
well good. I won't worry about that so much then.... wonder if I can convince the wife that it is a problem though and therefore I need to put the charger from my LBZ donor on there with the diamondeye downpipe and Fleece controller? :angel:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
well good. I won't worry about that so much then.... wonder if I can convince the wife that it is a problem though and therefore I need to put the charger from my LBZ donor on there with the diamondeye downpipe and Fleece controller? :angel:

That is really the only way to fix it.....might even have to rebuild the motor:rofl:

Just watch it doesnt create a hole in the DP though;)

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT

its a big problem mitch, you are loosing boost though there and the charger is blown. thats my theory and im sticking to it:rofl: now tell the wife what i think and tell her it needs to be "fixed" by next weekend:)

bonescarolfi

Sep 3, 2008
Marshfield WI
Mines cracked too. Pretty sure it was cracked when i bought the truck 2 1/2 years ago.

Thats a good idea.