Diesel Power Challenge 2010-Enter Now!

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
See i heard that from Dmitri, but then Tom said he talked to the editor about his article coming out on the February (i think) issue - he got the cover i think he said - and the guy told him it was going to be here... He said he's pretty sure this guy at the magazine is reliable - but again not a 100% sure. I can't find a single mention of it anywhere on their site (location).... :confused:

Was hoping maybe someone else had some sort of inside info or confirmation... so at least we could make it a 2-1 vote :rofl:

Just wondering.....

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
propane and lp and other injectables are legal they just want to be told about them before hand via the invite email.

I think propane and LP are ok to be used in a MPG contest, but their cost should be figured in as well. Looking at the increase in MPG is nice, but it's not free like they make it seem.

If guy A gets 22MPG on straight diesel fuel and it cost him $40 dollars for the event, and guy B gets 30MPG on a diesel/LP mix but it costs him $41 dollars ($30 for fuel but $11 for LP) for the event, has he really won a contest that is economy minded? Part of his gain in diesel MPG was due at the expense of putting LP or propane (which costs money) into the motor. Total cost per mile should be calculated.

It probably still ends up being cheaper, but it would be nice to know how much.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
if you need a tow vehicle i know a guy who should be able to help you :hug:

Hopefully it is scheduled in line with an event again and you and Chris can tow each other out there compete in the event, then act as my pit crew and have the trailer waiting in case I break something - and you are both ECSB, you have an LLY and he will have the same turbo and intake setup, so I will have most of the spare parts I could possibly need:hug:.

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Hopefully it is scheduled in line with an event again and you and Chris can tow each other out there compete in the event, then act as my pit crew and have the trailer waiting in case I break something - and you are both ECSB, you have an LLY and he will have the same turbo and intake setup, so I will have most of the spare parts I could possibly need:hug:.

sounds good to me:thumb:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Hey! Check this out! Just found it on their site:

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/diese..._diesel_power_challenge_entry_form/index.html

Looks like DPC just got a little bigger - and that it'll be somewhat easier to get to this year! Also looks like some of the events changed up a bit...

I may be wrong but did i read right that no more skid stear 1/8 miles runs :mad: Oh well , that is cool that it will be 2 events and alooooot closer for every one to travel too . I better mount some air bag brackets on the 4link so i can still tow :D

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Are you sure this isn't an old ad from a few years ago? This sounds like the original format. The mailing address is completly wrong and the ad I saw earlier was totally different and said 2010 DPC? I really questioning this.:confused:

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah