diesel noob Houston tx

machine

Apr 27, 2013
Houston, TX
Just got my 2002 2500hd. Got for real cheap cause it had 300k and wasn't automatic. Glovebox was stuck closed with a broken handle, got it open and dicovered the owners manual with a full maintenance record in the back. This truck was taken really good care of and I feel like I really lucked out. I live and work in houston so was wondering if anyone knew of a good tech to take my new rig to? Also what's a good replacement clutch for a stock, maybe intake/exhaust setup. Pretty sure that the tranny and rear end fluid have never been changed , want to put the expensive stuff in both, should i go ahead and do the rear main seal while the trannys out? Basically I want to do everything now while I have some cash to insure I can get another 200k or so out of it. I love this thing and plan on keeping it for a long time.

Great White

Great White
Jul 16, 2009
Show Low Arizona
X2 on the Injectors, If it doesn't show or it's been awhile have the balance rates checked, also with that many miles look for information on work being done on the CP3, Water Pump and Serpentine Belt pullys (check for wobble) mine had a slight wobble showing, when lookeng at them from the side, and threw the belt. Also it would be a good idea to look and see if there has been any work done with the intank fuel pump. Also if a 4x4 look to see if there is any mention about a transfer case upgrade kit being installed, if nothing have mechanic check for leak. I run Royal Purple Full Synthetic lube/oil in front and rear ends and the transfrer case. Also per Mike L I am running Allison TranSynd fluid. I enjoy your new truck and I hope some of these suggestions are a help:).

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Not with the rain we are getting

Weclome to DD
I don't have any recommendations other then you can try Relentless Diesel in Wills.