Delphi Connector Madness:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
So I got this box of Delphi Connectors so I can redo my gauging and clean things up. Pic 1. I got the tool to crimp the pins, works GOOD. Pic 2.

But it has these stupid little water seals, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to push then into the connector. They are WAY bigger than the hole, and when you have the wire inside them, it gets worse. Pic 3.

Anyone know how to do this?

First one I used silicone and omitted the seals. Pic 4.

Attachments

• DSC00261.JPG
    DSC00261.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC00263.JPG
    DSC00263.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC00268.JPG
    DSC00268.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00269.JPG
    DSC00269.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 42

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Those seals are for the weatherpack connectors.

And what pray tell IS A WEATHERPACK CONNECTOR???? :mad:

:D

I been screwing with this for 4 hours.

These Dephi plugs go right into many of our engine sensors. So by using these, I can get some really solid connections and piggy backing on factory sensors.

Cobra#3747

Jan 2, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
You need the GM hands on course in connectors and terminals. A fun filled day of pulling wires out of connectors, cutting them off, finding the right terminal from 28 different terminal trays (I think each tray can hold up to 20 different terminals) then figure out which of the (now 7 I believe different) crimping pliers to use.

Anyway, using the weatherpack does depend on the style of connector that is being used like the other said.

Rttoys

insurance poor
Mar 6, 2008
Houston, TX
You need the GM hands on course in connectors and terminals. A fun filled day of pulling wires out of connectors, cutting them off, finding the right terminal from 28 different terminal trays (I think each tray can hold up to 20 different terminals) then figure out which of the (now 7 I believe different) crimping pliers to use.

That ain't no shit.:( You forgot to mention, all the other hands that have mixed up everything and taken what they want. Then to go back to work the next day and ask where the terminals and crimpers are, just to get a :confused: look form the other guys.:giveup: