LB7: damper/crankshaft/flexplate.

Vmyrhaug

Mar 6, 2016
Norway
so i notice, lb7 to lml crank breaks.

so a question. has anybody broken crank with ati damper/fluid damper?
and socal flexplate?

i was listening too banks podcast one night.
in they'r dragster, they use stock crank, with their own special made damper...

i can bullettproof my engine with billet crank, but it cost much money.

with stock crank, upgrade rods, what is the best damper and flywheel too use for the mid power people? say 6-800hp? and ofcourse up too 4000rpm max...
or is the billet way too go?

have anybody any test on crankshaft twist?, with diffrent dampers/flywheels?
i know, i ask a lot of questions:)

sorry for my bad english, still an stupid retard from norway:):happy2:

Vmyrhaug

Mar 6, 2016
Norway
also notice that banks acepted 1/2 degree of twist on drag on crankshaft, on regular use they accepted 1/4 degree of twist. tried too ask them on facebook about this, but not soo much info about aftermarket dampers/flywheel...

dmaxerLLY

Aug 10, 2007
California
www.instagram.com
Banks is taking into account every weight and size journal of the rotating assembly to factor a mass elastic formula which then gives him a target number to build a damner.

I'm going to assume fluidampr builds the dampener for a factory rotating assembly with increased power. Whether or not it will jive with aftermarket rods/pistons idk...

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Billet cranks break too..

There is no fix. Alter fire cams were supposed to be the fix, they failed, although do help lessen the chance...

I fixed mine by buying a Cummins haha.

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
Billet cranks break too..

There is no fix. Alter fire cams were supposed to be the fix, they failed, although do help lessen the chance...

I fixed mine by buying a Cummins haha.

Regular billet cranks break, but no recorded instances of a narrowed rod journal crank breaking.

dmaxerLLY

Aug 10, 2007
California
www.instagram.com
No doubt any billet crank is stronger. They will survive through conditions that would easily kill a stock crank, but if the rotating assembly isn't balanced correctly billet cranks will twist enough to eat main bearings.

I highly suggest listening to all 3 of the podcasts with gale talking about what he does.

Vmyrhaug

Mar 6, 2016
Norway
But what damper and flex plate is the best for lb7? Stock crank. And will it survey in a daily driver with 600whp?

What experience is out there with low hp?