Custom Intake for the twins

Dzlnut

Feb 27, 2008
Homedale Idaho
5" could fit, but the plastic inner wheel well would be a lil tweeked. This one is 4", and moves the wheel well about 1/4", with a 1/4" gap between the tube/rad support. Horn and light wires were re routed as well. If I had exact dimensions/location of the turndown on your truck it could happen.

Russ, i heated my inner fender with a heat gun and made a hump in it so the filter had more room...

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Dont think he would be doing it for me as its going to be a custom setup.... HTT and GT47. I will be talking to him about it as things get a bit closer but if not..... you the man! :D

why are you choosing the gt 47 over the s480 or 90 ?

Last edited:

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Havent given an S series much thought.... not sure to tell you the truth. ILl be starting a thread in the next few days on what would be a good large charger for my setup. Ive heard of 4094/gt47 combos and the 94 is similar to the HTT in size so I figured GT47 is the way to go. Maybe there are better options out there.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Havent given an S series much thought.... not sure to tell you the truth. ILl be starting a thread in the next few days on what would be a good large charger for my setup. Ive heard of 4094/gt47 combos and the 94 is similar to the HTT in size so I figured GT47 is the way to go. Maybe there are better options out there.

my setup got the s480 and so far i am a very happy camper . just put 1300 miles on the setup and 15 or so 1/4 mile passes . on a 2800 usec tune its putting out 55 psi boost in az ( 50 in utah ) with the gate on the small charger all the way loose . with the gate 1/2 way in it hit 60 easy same tune its got alot more air to give . s490 would be 2mm bigger than a 47 on the compresser not sure on the turbine . my s480 is on a t6 ped . and the s400 are much cheaper

Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Dont think he would be doing it for me as its going to be a custom setup.... HTT and GT47. I will be talking to him about it as things get a bit closer but if not..... you the man! :D

Screw a big garret. The next turbo Im putting on is going to be a big single. I like the ideas of twins but it seems like theyre going to be kind of inefficient really in a big setup. If I do make some itll be with the stock IHI shitbag

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Screw a big garret. The next turbo Im putting on is going to be a big single. I like the ideas of twins but it seems like theyre going to be kind of inefficient really in a big setup. If I do make some itll be with the stock IHI shitbag

Garrett's are great turbos just a little expensive... Looks nice Russ a lot better than Anthonys:D

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

i dont know about effecincy i dont have a ton of fuel yet or a drive pressure gage but i will say they will squeeze alot of air out of very little fuel/heat and put down alot of power on very little fuel with none of the draw backs a big single has . with a egt of 1200 deg . they are making 55 psi boost with the top charger gated fully , on a 2800 usec shot of fuel that seems very efficient but would need drive pressure to know for sure . btw out of that 55 23 psi is from the biggen . not trying to high jack thread i will get you some measurements i would like to buy one of these Russ !

Last edited: