Crank it Up Diesel and Climax

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Full view||Back to messagesRe: Climax‏
11/02/2011

So thursday last week I bought Climax off of Kyle at Crank it up Diesel. I gave him a 2k deposit on Visa over the phone. I gave him his 30k asking and he agreed to put an S480 on the truck with a billet wheel. Well I called him today to say I was coming to pick the truck up on this Thursday and guess what he sold the truck on Sat. He said someone gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. I'm so pissed right now it's unbelievable, a deal is a deal, he said I beat him up so bad WTF. It had an S400 on it and he upgraded the turbo to an S480 with a billet wheel for the price the was asking. Here's the email confirming it.

Hide details Kyle Crankitupdiesel Kyle [email protected]

Send email
Find email
View detailsTo David Snyder
Sent: February 11, 2011 12:09:36 PM
To: David Snyder ([email protected])

Dave, That is correct. I have a gilloteen style air shutoff that would mount to the turbo. I can send you pictures Monday evening or Tuesday morning. Nice talking to you and look forward to meeting you as well. Kyle Kyle MichaelCrank It Up Dieselhttp://[email protected] On Feb 10, 2011, at 9:13 PM, David Snyder <[email protected]> wrote: > So just so we're straight, I bought Climax for 30k and your putting a billet wheel S480 on it? Was also wondering if it has an air knife as I need one. It was really nice talking with you tonight and thanks for explaining things to me. Looking forward to meeting you and picking up the truck.> > Forest Lawn Farms Ltd. Dave Snyder

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
A man is as good as his word.

From what you posted, that guy ain't worth much...

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
A man is as good as his word.

From what you posted, that guy ain't worth much...

That's the way I was brought up. It takes alot to upset me but Kyle has done it. If I didn't have the email and Visa as proof he could say I was lieing but why make a deal and not follow through. He said he sold it on Sat and he doesn't even bother calling me. WTF

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Damn that is shady! I would be totally pissed too. Did you get the 2k deposit back? I guess deposits don't even guarantee anything anymore.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Damn that is shady! I would be totally pissed too. Did you get the 2k deposit back? I guess deposits don't even guarantee anything anymore.

When I talked to Visa it hadn't been credited but she says it takes a few day to show up. I would think the email and payment would be enough to verify things.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah thats some BS man. Whats really shady is he never talked to you about it, jsut straight up sold it without telling you anything. My buddy has been through that a few times tryin to find the truck he wants. really is a major pisser for sure :mad:

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
that kid is a punk and i wouldnt let him work on my lawn mower had my 06 to him 4 times last year for trans issues that he built 1st time said there wasnt anything wrong w/ it lol i told him to refresh it picked it up got .5 miles out of it locked in gear took it back reclearanced e-thing got 30 miles out of it took it back said he flushed it was a stuck w/ clutch mat. took it home did same thing pulled pan off he did not flush or change fluid last time and he dodged my calls the whole time as well and just wouldn't answer finally he is a joke but in the end i taught myself how to work on my own trans :mad:

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
That is some straight BS! You gave him a deposit and everything, its not like you were giving him the run around! F-ing worms like this guy make me sick! Be a man and stand by your word! Thats how I was raised.....

hdd-max

Apr 30, 2008
Thanks man!

If I were you I would keep looking around. Allot of people are getting out and deals pop up often.

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
what did you do with your twins dave? jneals truck was for sale that is a good running truck

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
what did you do with your twins dave? jneals truck was for sale that is a good running truck

I never got them yet and I kind of cancelled them. I think I'm just going to get them and run my truck. I really want an ODL truck if I was going to buy anything now.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Legally, you can enforce a verbal contract that has a deposit.

If you really want Climax, you get a lawyer to draft a letter to Kyle.

But pragmatically, let it go. Lawyers are pretty useless even if you're in the right.

And in general, buying used stuff from somebody with poor morals isn't really a good idea.

I'd put this issue on all the popular boards though. Paybacks are a girl dog...:lildevil: