LB7: Crank but no start

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
Tried to start the truck. the engine was a junkyard engine pulled from a running wrecked vehicle. pulled engine apart and injectors and cp3 looked to be new.

I modified the wire harness and i did accidentally cut one wire but i fixed that.

The problem is i will crank it and it will only build up 200psi in the rails. cranking rpm is 180ish.

No codes, i have swapped the FCA, Rail pressure sensor and FICM. nothing has changed after changing each of them one at a time.

Still cranks and only makes 200psi in the rails. Tried unplugging the FCA and no change in rail pressure while cranking.

Checked the large bale connectors and i have 12v going to the pink wires on both sides of the connectors. wiggled them and no change.

its late maybe i missed something. all the grounds are connected.

Besides inspecting the fprv, the next step would be to check return rates i guess. and maybe plugging the return line from the cp3 and cranking.

besides that id there anything im missing?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Sounds like an injector is stuck open,are you seeing any white or gray smoke while cranking?

Try this pull all the glow plugs pull the inj fueses so the injectors dont fire,have some one on each side of the truck and watch the glow plug holes for mist any misting are stuck open and killing your cranking psi.I bought a 2000 mile motor that sat for 9 years with injectors in it and i tried using them and this is what i found.both back 1s were leaking.

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
Have you checked to see if you swapped the crank and cam sensor plugs?

I checked those last night, and i tried to switch them around and it's physically impossible to do cause crank sensor wires are too short to reach the cam sensor. With the harness grounded to the engine block.

I will check the wire colors and look them up to verify that they are in the right locations.

Anything to keep from doing injectors or cp3 lol

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
double checked the ckp and cmp and they are in the right locations.
i do notice an odor coming out of the engine when i crank it. i cant quite put my nose on it yet, but the glow plugs are gonna come out now.