Question: could it be my TCM????

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
for chits and giggles :rofl: i just went out and tried to reflash my TCM to see if that would help.....well it got me no were, i couldnt reflash or anything, all i got was errors, so i started it to see if i may have done anything to possibly fix it LOL, but same old problems, tires spin in D, then they spin in N, and then i pulled a new one, they tires spun forward in R :confused: i have no clue what to do, i have constant ECM miss com. with TCM codes and its gettin on my nerves, is there anyway in hell it could be a fried TCM.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Ive followed your posts man I hope you get the truck up so you can get it up and running soon for pulling season. :thumb:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
thanks man, to bad my first big pull is this saturday:mad: but im stumped :confused: this was my last thought, im def takin it to someone now.

No worries man youll hit the next one. Im sure someone here can steer you in the right direction as far as who to have fix it.

Steve O

Apr 13, 2008
Mooresville, NC
Maddog, You had a hard time removing the snap ring from C1 if I read correctly.. Did you have a hard time installing the snap ring after installing your new clutches?

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Maddog, You had a hard time removing the snap ring from C1 if I read correctly.. Did you have a hard time installing the snap ring after installing your new clutches?

my C2s are tight, real tight takes 4 clamps to get the flange deep enough for the snap ring, could that be my problem??????

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You know you can use the alternator to turn the engine. It's much easier than using the crank bolt.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
You know you can use the alternator to turn the engine. It's much easier than using the crank bolt.

or if your doing it by yourself and want to stay on the underside of the truck, its very easy to spin the converter through the inspection cover. but if you have a friend to help spinning on the alternator is very nice.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
yes feeler gauges are your friend:hug:

Ive never used feeler guages on all the ones I built and they work fine.

well, last one i put c5's in upside down, but then quickly pulled the tailshaft housing, flipped them around, and now she works like a champ. :angel: