Connecting rod bearings

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
Hello all, hope things are well with all of you.

I am currently paging through bearing brands and I would like some help on deciding for my connecting rods to use in a build of mine if it no trouble.

What does the Dmax come with factory for con-rod material, grooved or ungrooved design?

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
Ok, thanks. Is anyone satisfied with Clevite, Kings or other? I have read some here and there on the forum about Clevite having a couple variations out there for performance use. Just curious about opening the topic of experience with any brand.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Bearing manufacturer is less of an issue as bearing design and intended use.

For example, when I was helping my dad build SBC's, we had trouble beating up lower mains with speedpro bearings that were grooved. We switched to a solid lower main of a different brand (I cant remember) and they held up because they had the bearing load capabilities that we needed. Speedpro has since changed lower main bearings that have a tapered groove that have more load surface. I'm sure the full grooved bearings would hold up just fine in a mild street engine.

That being said, not too many engines run a grooved rod bearing even when they have pressure lubed pins. We've never needed them. But then again I'm not an engineer :angel:

tracygto

Apr 18, 2014
deshler ohio
i just had my block totally redone with all new bearings, cant remember what type but here are the part numbers. mains-NS2218P std. rods-CB1855P they guaranteed the work knowing i have many modifications. hope this is helpful:D

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
Kool, thank you your experiences are great guys. This application will be full on drag racing and I don't think I will run a grooved setup though. I want to run aluminum bearings due to weight however we will see.

Thank you for posting the part numbers, I will look into them when I get the chance.