Codes Thrown P140B,P0400

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
Started truck headed up road. Truck lost. Power and engine light came on!
Edge monitor showing codes. Truck moves but no power. Any Awnsers? Thanks

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Egr valve is stuck closed, things you can try for the 0400 and 140b code, check your air filter(clean or replace, clean maf) sounds odd but the flow is calculated by air intake flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
Thanks

Thanks. Truck only has 47000 miles on it. Filter is about 1yera old.
But I will check thanks again

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve is controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM). The ECM controls the EGR valve by supplying a 12-volt pulse width modulated signal to the EGR solenoid low control circuit and 12 volts to the high control circuit. The ECM monitors the EGR flow performance when the EGR is active by comparing the desired Mass Air Flow (MAF) to the actual MAF. If the actual MAF is less than or greater than a calibrated threshold level the amount of detected EGR flow is out of range.

Some of the causes for the dtc

Contamination on the MAF sensor element
Restriction before or after the MAF sensor
Skewed MAF sensor
Aftermarket air filter

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
AirFilter

I’ve had a AFE Dry OEM replacement air filter in it for about a year. Have had no issues up till now with this situation. But have noticed it regening more often the last couple weeks

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
Egr valve is stuck closed, things you can try for the 0400 and 140b code, check your air filter(clean or replace, clean maf) sounds odd but the flow is calculated by air intake flow.

Well you were right. EGR valve was stuck closed. Had to be replaced.
Thanks again

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
Well you were right. EGR valve was stuck and malfunctioning. They replaced it with a new one. Thanks again for your reply

Rudy1

Jul 6, 2016
Illinois
Well went to dealership. Turns out the EGR valve was stuck. Guess I’m glad I had a warranty still. Thanks for the feedback guys!