Cleaning fuel rails

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Anybody know of any good ways to clean corrosion from the outside of of fuel rails and lines? Ive heard vinegar works but im looking for some other ideas.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Do you have them off the truck? If that's the case just soak them overnight and the nasty crap floats to the top of the bucket

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Bumping this old thread, but used CLR on mine and boy did it make the outside look nasty when it was done. Not the results I was thinking.

I always soak the lines in CLR for about 3 hours when doing the job, hit them with brake cleaner, compressed air and if your worried about the outside of the lines or rail hit them with some steel wool, it'll polish them up very nicely with little effort. Did mine two years ago and still looks great

stibuilder

Oct 17, 2016
Snoqualmie, WA
I think i let mine stay in there too long, now they seem to want to rust the moment water touches them. I had to clean them up at the end with some Bars cleaner. It worked really well and i think is going to do the trick. I also just sprayed them down with WD40 and ill let them soak that up for a bit that should keep everything ready before assembly.